1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Game 5 Observations and Outlook

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bryant2108, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Bryant2108

Bryant2108 Member

Short and sweet... or maybe not so sweet....

This one wasn’t on Harden. I’m not a Harden hater nor a Harden lover, but this is on the rest of the team. This is on Morey going all-in to win a championship, when most of the league and fans knew we weren’t that close. Now we are screwed moving forward, with not a lot of flexibility.

this is on Westbrook and the role players. 10 points Russ? Really? Not good enough.

this is on MDA and his lack of adjustment. It can’t just always be... let’s do it better. No! We need a change in philosophy an adjustment, something. See if you can make it better. Not do what we do better.

Jeff Green with 13 and Westbrook with 10? If you had told me Green would be our 2nd leading scorer, I’d have told you we lost by 25. Oh wait...

It’s going to be a long offseason..

2. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

So how much shouting was there in the locker room after this blowout loss?

3. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

Blow it up. Nothing more to say.

amaru and forchette49 like this.
  4. Cladyclad

Cladyclad Member

I’m sorry but if the guy. U don’t let your team get down 22 in the 1st quarter in a elimination game.

daywalker02 likes this.
  5. HP3

HP3 Member

You guys really have to understand that basketball is a team sport. Stop this nonsense.

James.B.H and madbomber like this.
  6. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

Unfortunately I think they run the core of this team back. You will be seeing Harden, WB, and Tucker back next year. Not so sure about Gordon, RoCo, or anyone else though. MDA needs to go. His lack of in game adjustments and his shortened rotation cost this team a lot. Maybe go get someone like Joerger or Atkinson. Though I think it’ll be Ty Lue or JVG. Get some floor spacing bigs like Olynyk, Aldridge, or Horford. Then sign nothing but above average 3 point shooters. Kyle Korver, Bogdanovic, Belinelli, or Joe Harris.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Tucker 8 pts 5 rebs 2 asst 1 to
    Coving 5 pts 2 rebs 1 asst 0 to
    WestBr 10 pts 4 rebs 6 asst 3 to
    EGordo 5 pts 2 rebs 1 asst 1 to
    --------------------------------------
    Starte 28 pts 13 rebs 10 asst 5 to

Harden 30 pts 6 rebs 5 asst 6 to

Green 13 pts 2 rebs 0 asst
    BMac 9 pts 2 rebs 0 asst
    ARive 9 pts 3 rebs 0 asst

It is more than points

Rocket River

don grahamleone likes this.
  8. Cladyclad

Cladyclad Member

Lol

9. HP3

HP3 Member

I'm sorry i should have tried to reason with someone as stupid as you. aaaaaaand blocked

10. madbomber

madbomber Rox4Life! #FreeJVG

Rockets lost there identity in this series and let the Lakers change that .

11. Cladyclad

Cladyclad Member

How much he have when they were down 22?

12. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Ima be 100

1. Yes it is on harden, series not game. Should of been attacking doubles since game 2.

2. Its on morey too, its not a either I gotta get short skilled guys or tall unskilled ones that can't shoot. U can get both: I want ibaka here next year. I want length n shooting.

3. On mda, we need a coach taht will develop a bench through the regular season..so taht falls on morey again too.

4. On tillman, worst owner. Cheap. Should not had panic his first year n signed back ariza. Then shouldnt of paniced this year n traded cp3. I like russ too tho....but he cheap didn't use the space during the trade to get more players back.

5. Keep harden russ cov house n get ibaka. Tahts ur base point, everyone else can go.

6. No more iso haeavy n drive in kick offense. Its too gimmicky in post season, guys always tighted up n they don't shot 50 3s like they suppose to for the system to work. They always get to a spot then abandoned what got then thier.

7. Get pure shooter no more just volume guys.

13. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

oh n its not a small ball is bad thing. Thats a lazy take.

Lakers beat us by playing their small ball lol, celtics in the ecf by playing small ball..so is the heat. Its the way to play. We always just never have the idea players to run the system we play lol. Thats on morey again

don grahamleone and Rocket River like this.
  14. Cladyclad

Cladyclad Member

What’s crazy the Lakers small ball is still the biggest team in the playoffs lol

mike2k132 likes this.
  15. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Clippee will beat them...i got boston winning the ring

16. Cladyclad

Cladyclad Member

We will see if they even beat Denver 1st lol

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

It will come down to REFS

The Refs favors both of these teams . .. . ALOT

Kawhi maybe the only person it defend LeBron without getting 3 fouls in the 1st half

The question is who is the softest of the two second bananas

AD Vs PG13 <--- which ever one performs the best will decide the decision

Rocket River

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  18. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Some Rockets gave up after House situation. Recognized the NBA has its thumb tipping the scale heavily
    towards LeBron moving on in the playoffs. We all knew the Lakers would take game 2 prior to the game
    because Foster was ref’ing it. House incident may have had other Rockets fearing being outed as well.....maybe? Some have wives/GF.

House had a coved-19 tester in his room. Reports are this is not an isolated incident among players. Meaning
    other players were doing much the same. Question, why send him home? Did the league know the Rockets
    would not be allowed to win no more than one more game if that? Lou Williams went to a strip club and got to
    sit two days while testing........House was with a Covid-19 tester. She should be as safe a person outside the
    bubble as you can be. They get tested often. Did House get coved-19 from the Covid-19 tester....why get
    sent home?

Did other players of other teams get away with it? House is big to me for this team, as I like the “Small-Ball” using
    SF’s. With D’Antoni and his short rotations......one SF out of the rotation was huge. The not playing D Carroll during
    the season was big. Always going all out trying to win every game of the regular season cost the Rockets faith
    in depth. DeMarre Carroll and Luc M could have helped. D’Antoni and his love of guards had him resort back
    to last season of multiple sets with Harden/Westbrook/EGo/Austin Rivers then added Ben McLemore after House
    departure. Shades of Harden/CP3/EGo/Shumpert/Rivers last season. SF’s would have done better vs
    the Lakers small ball lineup version. IMO.

Westbrook not scoring more was a big disappointment. He should have penetrated anytime he wanted to, then
    put the ball in the chest of the second tier defenders (to bring the arms down) and put up the layup. I was raised
    on that. Get it’s old fashioned technique. Lift on Westbrook should’ve allowed Westbrook the bucket and the foul
    all day. Put AD, LeBron, Kuzma with foul concerns......but then again maybe he knows the refs would screw him.

EGo stinks. Terrible playoff run. I don’t know how people say he is a good defender. I don’t see anything near it.

D’Antoni continues to be champion of the regular season.........playoff bust. Guards can’t sustain your short
    rotation in the playoffs. Guards are not trained to block shots, rebound, block out. Harden and Westbrook
    rebounding stats tricks yourself into thinking such.

#18 ApacheWarrior, Sep 12, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
    Rocket River likes this.
  19. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Clippers have better bench plus better coach.

waytookrzy079 and BamBam like this.
  20. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I think you are right, though I really hope DM explores opportunities to upgrade Tucker. RoCo I think returns as well - 2 more years on a reasonably priced contract and we gave up a first rounder to get him, so probably not trading him away.

If I'm guessing, Gordon is moved this offseason. MDA will not return. Not sure what moves Morey makes beyond that, but I don't think anything major/drastic beyond this. Danuel House will be an interesting decision after what transpired. I still don't think we win the series, but I think we don't get clobbered in games 3 and 4 if he plays and we don't have a big scandal about him leaving the bubble. Does the team part ways with him after this?