1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Game 4 Biggest choke job in Astros History?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by texanskan, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Nope. Just a random wave comment...

...in your opinion..... You must've prematurely hit the Submit Replay button...

2. Marteen

Marteen Member

This has to be the first month of baseball that OP ever watched.

3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Dude relax a bit lol.

It wasn't a moronic quote. In my eyes, it's a polite way of saying they didn't have the talent/experience/whatever this year. What do you want him to say?

Do you want him to call people out? Do you want some profound and deep statement?

Deep breaths friend....Deep breaths.

1 person likes this.
  4. Hey Now!

The IT factor has nothing to do with talent/experience/whatever - it's about having some magical intangible that makes you better than someone who doesn't have the IT factor. See every Matt Schaub discussion, ever. It's utter bull****.

How about: we're young; we're inexperienced - they knew how to handle these situations and we still have some learning to do - ?

Why does calling a dumb statement dumb require me to relax and take a deep breath? Why is it making a mountain out of a grain of sand?...

Isn't this what we're supposed to do here?

I'm perfectly relaxed; I'm not burning Keuchel's jersey in effigy (because I'm not 8 so I don't own a Keuchel jersey) - I'm pointing out that citing an IT factor is dumb because IT IS DUMB.

#84 Hey Now!, Oct 15, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

That's it... this thread definitely has the IT factor.

6. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

He explained what he meant by "It" in the 2 prior sentences. I don't think it was too hard to comprehend. I showed my Cubs fan friend the quote and he immediately said "Yeah that's another way of saying the bullpen ****ing sucks" lol. Has Keuchel ever done anything else to make you think he isn't grounded in reality?

You can be his PR rep. I'm sure you have always made perfectly eloquent statements to the media in post game interviews for your entire life. Rather than complaining to us just tweet him https://twitter.com/kidkeuchy and let him know why he shouldn't ever say "it factor" again. This clearly matters to you a lot since you think he should be fined by the team for saying that lol.

Because it's not a dumb statement. You are just freaking out over one word lol. You've made 15 posts over one word that Keuchel said in a post game presser. Seriously, tweet him https://twitter.com/kidkeuchy and ask him what he meant by "it" or tell him he is an idiot that needs to learn how to give more articulate post game pressers.

7. Hey Now!

He should have ended his comment with, "We couldn’t close it down."

I actually speak to the media often; it's my job. I have no issue with his comments, other than propagating the idea that an IT Factor exists... he should know better.

We, collectively, make thousands of comments on here - why is this the one that I need to personally take up with Dallas Keuchel? Further, why is this the only comment people have decided to take 100% literally? I can't believe I have to say this but I don't actually think they should dock his pay. They *can't* dock his pay; I would've thought the impossibility of them doing that would hint that I was exaggerating my outrage...

It is a dumb comment and I'm not freaking out. I'm not randomly ranting and raving - I mentioned it was a dumb comment and various people are responding; I'm merely responding to them. When the thread is just me, shouting "DUMB COMMENT!!" in post after post all by myself, you have my permission to accuse me of freaking out. In fact, call my emergency contact - I've clearly gone insane.

But responding to people responding to me is not insane...

8. ApuN

ApuN Member

'80 and '86 are the worst in Astro's history by far.

Those were truly gut wrenching

They both ended the season.

9. Major

Major Member

The problem here is that you're taking your version of what an "it" factor is and putting into his mouth. For all you know, he's talking about exactly the types of things you're talking about - lack of playoff experience, etc. You seemed to routinely defend Kubiak's silly cliche post-game quotes during his years with the Texans - why do we care about an individual players' generic ones?

Athletes in every sport talk about how certain players in their profession raised their games in critical moments (Michael Jordan, Joe Montana, etc) or how some seem to routinely fall short (Manning, Dalton). Rather than trying to analyze the details of why that may be, it can be simply condensed to something along the lines of the "it factor".

10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I agree... the "it" factor is something.

What is it?

Its "it".

11. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

The sad thing about this thread is that Keuchel NEVER said the Astros did not have the it factor.