1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game 2] Kendrick Perkins holding back Chandler Parsons for Sefolosha 3

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dmenacela, Apr 24, 2013.

1. ThunderFan

ThunderFan Member

I think my posts prove I'm not trolling.

2. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Damn, where is this gif from? Thats just wrong

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Half of that is true.

[​IMG]

4. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

i was stunned the ref standing "right in front of the play" did not call that. Some have said no way Parsons get there. That is an assumption. We will never know of course.
    I do remember a certain center came from no where to block a certain guards' shot to save a world championship.

At the least it certainly should have been a foul called on the floor prior to the shot. Plain and simple. Stupid ref. Staring into the Black Hole of BSness.

5. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Last year they let Perk get away with moving screens until he faced LeBron. It makes sense to defend the officials until they screw you.

I will be rooting for the Heat to beat the Thunder and for the officials to stop calling those phantom fouls for KD and those charges on Westrbook.

OKC YA next year.

6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Enjoy this smug crap while you can. Morey has an off-season and plenty of caproom to improve this roster. The Thunder is a great team and will continue that way, but it's quickly gonna get a little more crowded at the top.

As far as Harden flopping, you've kinda missed out this last year. He might flail his arms a bit---and I mean, a little bit---when driving to the basket, but what player doesn't do at least this?

Harden was grotesque last year against the Lakers in his floppery; every Laker that approached him caused that famous head-snap flop. Then the refs not only quit giving him that call against Miami but really just locked down on everything he did (personal opinion). This, to me, had a lot to do with his so-called disappearing act against Miami (which the refs had already decided before the tip-off of the first game; you can't have a King James if he hasn't won at least one ring).

I know it makes me a homer, but Harden's really dialed down the flops. Maybe it's not wanting to pay the fines. He really doesn't need to flop. He makes it to the rim. Either the officials call the foul or they don't. I think sometimes you see them call fewer fouls, maybe after some team or another complains to the league office, or when the referee team huddles up before the game and says to "keep an eye on Harden", the idea being that, well, aren't we refs giving him a few too many free throws?

7. Reach

Reach Member

You may not be trolling, but you can't really expect a positive response when you're telling Rockets' fans in their face that your team is way better than ours.

8. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Harden flops just as often as last year. It doesn't get fined, because he initiates contact and then flops, but it is still flopping. And yes, KD flops just as much and is just as protected by the refs.

9. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Go away. You signed up what, yesterday ? Just go away. We do not need to hear your therapy on what we clearly saw. Saying Parsons was a "great flopper".... huh ? He should react that way under that circumstance. The ref looked like he was stoned.

You win then decide to come over here and be a basketball groupie.

1 person likes this.
  10. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Posts like this always annoy me. Posting free throw numbers like that means nothing favorable calls without watching the game and getting some context. It doest take into account that harden drives to the hole way more that KD in that paticular game. Which is the reason for the disparity in free throws. Im not saying that Harden didnt get any favorable calls because he did and so did KD, but the overall free throw number without context means nothing to me.

11. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Exactly. The league should do something about this. Fine Parsons. He clearly was trying to get the refs attention and say HEY WTF I'M BEING HELD. He screamed too. Meanwhile, KD sneezes and it's 2 free throws.

It seems like the ref in the gif is positioning himself behind Perkins on purpose to act like he doesn't see the contact. I'm sure he can see it in his peripheral vision, and everyone knows Perkins is a dirty player.

12. ThunderFan

ThunderFan Member

Wow, you guys are sensitive. Have I not been classy in my posts? You guys are cherry picking the one post where I bragged on my Thunder, but did you bother to notice it was in response to a Rockets fan who completely cursed me out and tried to start a fight with me? So I commented back with a playful jab. Give me a break. I was looking for intelligent discussion about our series, and you guys are just being hateful. Sheesh.

13. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Sensitive? You should read up on the LOF/LOH debates. Psychotic is more apt.

14. howo13579

howo13579 Member

I agree Harden flops a lot but those were legit fouls and Harden just sold them better. Actually a lot of fans here don't like it because he should focus on making basket and 1 instead of just throwing his arms up. His shooting becomes **** if refs don't give him the calls. Westbrick's foul on beverly is 50/50. Again Beverly flopped to sell a push off. How much force did westbrick applied, that's for ref to decide. Also half of Ibaka's blocks were not all balls and Lin's blocking foul was clearly a charge by westbrick. You're a homer but you can't deny there was home court advantage there.

15. Karolik

Karolik Member

Have fun getting swept or losing in 5 again to Miami. And no, I'm not trolling.

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This is the truth. We should be talking about what a stupid thing Perkins did to cost OKC 3 points (but unfortunately the refs did not call the obvious)

One thing that should result is Perk will be a marked man in Houston by refs. They don't like to be embarrassed. The bad thing is Perk will be on the bench if he gets in foul trouble and that will mean more minutes for Ibaka and Collison.

17. Asian Sensation

18. timyeung

timyeung Member

Half a second is all the time Parsons needs to run straight towards Sefalosha and create a distraction during his three point shot.

Bottom line is: It was a close game till the end, but OKC gained a 3 point edge using an intentional cheap foul that was not called by the refs. I used to like OKC, but not anymore. Now I know how they win close games.

19. DreamRoxCoogFan

Perkins is not a dirty player. Bill Lambieer is a dirty player. John Stockton is a dirty player. It was a cheap play from a tough guy, but it helped them win the game. And to that end, you can't say much bc he didn't get caught and they won the game. You just live with it and move on.

20. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member