1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game 2] Kendrick Perkins holding back Chandler Parsons for Sefolosha 3

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dmenacela, Apr 24, 2013.

1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm not so infuriated about it. Looking at the distance Parsons had to cover and the time he had, I don't think he could challenge that shot at all. So yes, it was a foul, and it'd be really nice to not count that basket, but the foul didn't give OKC a material advantage.

2. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Yeah it was risky by Perkins but he had the confidence to do it because the refs NEVER see or call this type of foul.

This happens ALL THE TIME and the refs don't care enough to call it since it's not an obvious "shoving" foul

3. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

If the foul is called then there are 3 less points for OKC.

4. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

If you're not cheating you're not trying...

5. AustinPowers

AustinPowers Member

If i ever see Perkins on the street...

[​IMG]

6. mosaik

mosaik Member

i love harden's defense on that play.

7. ThunderFan

ThunderFan Member

Bumping because it was my first post and it got buried at the end of the last page, so I doubt anyone has seen it. :grin:

8. Visagial

Visagial Contributing Member

Seriously, since the league is already reviewing flopping and giving penalties, they ought to review intentional fouls and fine them as well if they're deemed unsportsmanlike or something. This one was ridiculous and clearly not a run of the mill foul. It should have been a technical of some kind.

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Good to have you here.

But for every favorable call given to Harden, there is one given to KD. So I don't see that as a legitimate gripe.

10. ThunderFan

ThunderFan Member

Thanks man, I appreciate the welcome. :)

But the boxscore disagrees with you. Harden shot 20 free throws last night, and KD shot 8. Oh, and 2 of those were the final seconds of the game when Houston intentionally fouled him.

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400459780

11. ab0_bleedred

ab0_bleedred Member

cool story bro. but honestly if you are looking for a intelligent conversation while taking the side of the opponent...you're not in right place.
    The site is filled with a bunch of blind, die hard fans, and believe the rockets players can do no wrong (this includes me).

Thunder suck. Westbrook is a little baby back b*@#h. and would you kindly GTFO of this thread.

Thanks.

12. ab0_bleedred

ab0_bleedred Member

ohh well now this is awkward..

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I meant in general. In the regular season, Harden only averaged one more FT attempt per game. So I wouldn't be surprised if the FT disparity evens out the more games are played.

:confused:

14. ab0_bleedred

ab0_bleedred Member

:confused:[/QUOTE]

Thunderfan thinks he is welcome here. Thats awkward.

15. ThunderFan

ThunderFan Member

Haha! I mean, my team is up 2-0, we are fresh off a Finals appearance and a Western Conference Finals appearance the year before, we have the second best player in the game, and your best player was our third best player the last few years. No need for me to do any trash talk. My team will do that for me. ;)

Well, a couple things. One more FT attempt per game is actually quite a bit when you look at a whole season. Also, Harden is a known flopper (I admitted it when he was with us), and KD has never been known to flop at all. He had his rip move that he used a couple years ago, but that's been taken away. And most importantly, we were talking about the possibility of them evening out over the series, we were talking about this game. All the Rockets fans have their panties in a wad about one non-call at the end of the game. So in context of this particular game, I find that hilarious considering that Harden took more free throws than KD and Russ combined.

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Oh... I see.

I should also have added that the slight FT disparity between the two during the regular season can be partially explained by Harden taking more shots in the paint.

Harden attempted 5.8 shots at the rim per game; Durant attempted 4.4. Harden attempted 7.2 shots within 9 feet of the rim; Durant attempted 6.2.

Well, I don't know who "we" is. It looked like I was the only one who responded to you, and I was talking about evening out throughout the series. But I probably could have been more clear.

17. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

I disagree Parsons could have closed the shooter, a lot more pressure on the shot, Thabo is not clutch he would have missed.

18. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Don't worry, your turn to get screwed will be against LeBron in the finals again.

Harden is our only scorer and he drove the entire night. KD took a lot of jumpers the entire night. We sagged off and dared him to shoot. Using the box score to justify poor officiating is dumb if you watched the game.

#98 BEAT LA, Apr 25, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
  19. alethios

alethios Member

Dude, if your goal is to troll then you lose all credibility and become one of the many interstitial defects in this forum, but if you are trying to have a reasoned discussion about the game without constantly throwing out what a great OKC homer you are, then you are welcome.

20. ThunderFan

ThunderFan Member

I'm talking about all the fans in this thread who have whined incessantly about that one call. Not necessarily you.

And good stats to back up your argument. If we were being honest, we'd admit that both KD and Harden get favorable calls from the officials because they're both superstars. And if we were being honest, we'd admit that Harden is definitely a known flopper, while KD is not. And again, I'd like to stress that my point was about this particular game.

Ugh, that's the truth. Don't even get me started again on the non-call against LeBron at the end of game 2. That turned the entire series around. Still mad about it to this day. Also, KD was in foul trouble in two of those games very early, which hurt us as well. All the while, LeBron bullies his way to the rim time and again with no offensive foul calls, ever.