1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game 2] Kendrick Perkins holding back Chandler Parsons for Sefolosha 3

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dmenacela, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Panda23

Panda23 Member

correction

2. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Please elaborate, because you seem insane.

3. DOLPHIN2k2

DOLPHIN2k2 Member

The league should allow for review of plays like this if the coach and players complain. The team complaining would lose a timeout if the refs uphold the ruling.

4. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

I've seen it pointed out a couple of times. I know TNT talked about it. I think they showed it on ESPN once also.

5. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Wow, I'm surprised no one has brought up this to compare it too....except this one was of a greater magnitude -

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WhDi0Ce_Z5w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

****ing Karla Malone.

6. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

You're right. I was thinking of holding during a rebound, which is where you normally see that kind of thing called under the basket.

I'll blame it on the fact that I just woke up. Carry on.

1 person likes this.
  7. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Yeah, but tey just show it and move on... Skip and Steven A. we're pretty fair on it.

I didn't get to see the TNT stuff...

8. alethios

alethios Member

9. zcity

zcity Contributing Member

That should be fined !!!

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

You gotta be ********kidding me!!!! The ref was looking right at it from start to finish!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

11. BE4RD

BE4RD Member

Hey guys, did you hear we have a new player?

His name is Parsons Chandler.

12. WAYFARER713

WAYFARER713 Member

The Ref saw the hold...Proof we never had chance to beat OKC...NBA.. where rigging happens.

13. gambingo

gambingo Member

You can't get a more obvious foul than that, and the fact that the ref saw it too and didn't blow the whistle makes me even more infuriating. Stern and his cronies can go take a couple big ones up the butthole!!

14. coffeelover665

I don't understand the concept of *swallowing the whistle* If it's a foul, then it's a foul. If theres not enough ref then hire more and throw them on the court. It seems like its the norm to accept bad officiating as part of the rules. No wonder people say the NBA is one of the most rigged sport association in the world.

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Come to think of it, it was really a dumb play on Perkins' part. He risked getting called, thereby nullifying a wide open 3, for what? For impeding Parsons who may or may not have enough time to affect the shot anyway. That was very dumb, and they were lucky it wasn't called.

16. john_l

john_l Contributing Member

The national tv announcers spotlighted it.

17. howo13579

howo13579 Member

Didn't you know Perkins likes to feel other players' arms? Can you blame him for not being able to resist the urge when it comes to our resident model Parsons?

18. DeeMien

DeeMien Member

It was at least a foul against Perkins!

Some of you are saying that Parsons would not have gotten there in time but I believe that was not necessary since a foul should have been blown on Perkins for holding Parsons! The game was 98 - 97 (OKC - Houston) at that time! The non-call and making the 3-pointer was the turning point of the game with a poor job by the refs!!!

19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

This is nothing. Thabo still had to make the shot. Remember the Wizards lost 2 straight playoff games on lebron travels that weren't called. That was worse

20. ThunderFan

ThunderFan Member

Hey guys, big OKC fan here. I love that you all have such an active community as Rockets fans. It's always fun to see what opposing fanbases are saying about a playoff series, and not every team has such an active online community like you guys. That said, I do have a beef with all the complaining about this particular play.

1. Yes, Perk holds Parsons. Absolutely. That's cheap, I admit it.

2. In slow motion, it looks much worse than when you watch it in real time. It slowed him down maybe half a second.

3. Parsons flops, big time. Yes, he was held, but he made it seem much worse than it was.

4. Parsons wasn't going to get to Sefolosha in time regardless.

5. Even if they do call that foul, OKC is still up by 1 point. Nobody seems to mention that.

6. Here's my biggest issue, even if you don't agree with my previous points: I find it hilarious and ironic that a fanbase that saw James Harden flop his way to the free throw line 20 TIMES (!!) would be upset about one non-call. Take off your homer glasses for a minute and rewatch all those Harden trips to the line. Half of them, there was no contact at all, but the refs fall for that lovely Beard's flop every time. Trust me, I watched it happen for three years, I should know better than any of you. Your team wouldn't have even been in the game if the refs didn't fall for the flop time and again.

7. Oh, and don't even get me started on the Beverly flop that took away 2 points and an incredible highlight from Russell Westbrook. Horrible call.

All that said, I'm enjoying reading your forum and plan on posting more and looking forward to some intelligent conversation. :grin: