1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Galaxy S Phones, epic 4g first in line to get Android 2.2 (froyo)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Scionxa, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

http://gadgetsteria.com/2010/12/21/...pdate-beginning-december-26th-epic4g-android/

Now that Sprint is releasing it, do you think T-mobile (Vibrant), AT&T (Captivate), Verizon (Fascinate & Continuum) will be pressured into releasing it for their galaxy s phones?

Samsung has been horrible with software updates and so far, carriers in other countries that have released android 2.2, have had to pull it due to glitches.

You can always root your phone and flash a rom, but if you have an Epic, it might be worth it to wait.

2. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

I wish they'd hurry up and release it for EVO.

3. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

WTF are you talking about? I just want my smart phone to get me laid like my V6 Mustang convertible.

4. Scionxa

EVO has had Android 2.2 for quite some time. Now people are waiting to get Android 2.3

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I heard that Epic upgrade was toasting phones so they pulled it. Might've been overseas though. I get the feeling Samsung is struggling to port 2.2 on those phones.

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

they should just have the Nexus S phone on all carriers. It is easily the best android phone. You don't have to worry about waiting for updates with this phone atleast.

7. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Easily?

I think it's a great phone but not easily the best android phone out there.

Lack of HSPA+, microSD, and hdmi out were features I didn't want to do w/o.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Every phone is gonna make people wait for an update.

9. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

Well the Nexus phones are Google Developer phones, and they only have stock "vanilla" android. Software updates are pushed from Google, so no worrying about waiting.

10. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Not all at. I was disappointed with the specs. its basically the samsung galaxy s with better software. The plus side would be the developer support and receiving the lastest updates.

But I didn't realize that these super phones are just now getting 2.2 froyo. 2.3 gingerbread is already out, so its another year wait for that?

11. Scionxa

No, the Samsung Vibrant (canadian rogers version) froyo version was frying internal memory.

The samsung intercept (sprint) has also had issues with its Froyo update last week (yes, that piece of **** phone got froyo before galaxy s)

Galaxy S has had multiple problems, in my opinion the Epic closely resembles the Nexus S, just look at it They shouldve waited and put gingerbread, considering the galaxy s series is pretty popular, over 10 million sold worldwide.

I just hate how carriers love to put bloatware on em