1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

G-Unit in concert...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sane, Sep 3, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Sane

Sane Member

Anyone seen them live?

They're coming to town, is it worth going?

I love G-Unit n all, but the weather is not great here right now, and it's not indoors so I'm not sure I wanna go unless they are really great...

One more question, it's just the 3 of them right? 50 cent, young buck, and lloyd banks, right?

2. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I have never really like rap concerts even though they are good on CD's etc...they usually have like 50 guys up there with them singing along as backup.

Never really sounds that good but that is my opinion from the ones i have been to. I am sure some might be good but i am not speaking from experience about G-UNIT, so i can't say if they are good or bad.

Mine is just a bit more of a generalization.

There is actually 4 of them in G-Unit but one is in jail. I am not sure if he gotten out. That's Tony Ya Yo. On the album cover he is the guy that is like painted on the wall to the left of Lloyd Banks.

3. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Where are they playing?

4. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

Speaking of bad rap concerts, how bout that flaming pile of poo performance on the VMA's? Petey Pablo just yelled along with his song which was playing right off his album. Too much yelling, too many possee members trying to get heard above each other.

5. Stack24

that is what usually happens at these concerts. That is why i am not a big fan of Rap concerts even though i like the music a lot. The way they sound on CD is never reproduced good in concert. It doesn't hit as hard and usually they are talking more than they are really singing.

Not to mention the 100 people dancing around with a mic on stage =)

6. l3uddhab0y

l3uddhab0y Contributing Member

There's actually five now, with The Game being there newest member.

7. Stack24

Is he any good?

8. Party Boy

Party Boy Member

You just have to go see people who know how to throw a concert. The Roots... and Talib Kweli, Mos Def, Common... the whole Okayplayer crew, throw the best concerts, of any genre of music. The Beastie Boys also throw a nice concert. Kanye West is pretty good too... and NERD.

But, I agree that most rappers don't do good concerts. You just gotta go to the right ones.

9. Stack24

yeah definently i agree with you.

The rappers you named off are a bit out of the genre of G-Unit and some other rap artists. All of those guys you named off have a more relaxed style in their rap so they don't have to really scream and go all buck wild. I really like Kayne West and Talib, even Mos Def. I would add NAs to that group to i think he does a good show as well.

I have heard Snoop Dogg was good in concert too.

10. Sane

Sane Member

They're coming to Dubai...

So you guys are saying I should skip out?

What if there's a chance I can meet them?

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I dunno... maybe wash your hands or something? :confused:

12. Stack24

if your in Dubai you probably won't get another chance to see them so for sure go and see them.

If you lived here they probably come and go...somwhere like dubai you won't get a chance like this...just tell us how it went =0)

13. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

He's straight outta Compton and he's not bad at all. He has a freestyle called 400 bars or something like that. He raps for 9 minutes straight without any break :eek:

What is funny is that Yayo is the only member of G-Unit that hasn't been shot.

14. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

I been to 50 cent concert once, not good, he was basiclly yelling the song out. So far every rap concerts I been to were pretty bad, they sound nothing like on the CDs.

15. dean

dean Member

really..everybody knows 50 has been shot. when were the rest shot?

16. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Young Buck was shot 2 times around the same time 50 was shot, before he was a member of G-unit. He had to have blood transfusions and spent a month in the hospital

Lloyd Banks I believe caught a stray bullet once when he was younger.

and Game was shot multiple times inside his house when he was still young, he spent 5 weeks in the hospital

17. synergy

synergy Member

Does 50 use G-G-G-GMAIL?

18. Bailey

Bailey Veteran Member

19. Stack24

this looked like they put a rap group in the middle of a bunch of rock acts and they expected the crowd to just like that?

I know they do mixed shows a lot but i guess this is one show that the fans didn't really like the mixing of genres i guess.

20. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

Does anyone here like the Wylde Bunch?

I picked up there CD a couple of weeks ago after hearing some of their songs on NFL Street and the newest Madden, and I think it is real good. I think they push the limits in hip-hop some and I really like when an artist or artists try to do something different and succeed. That's why I am a huge Jay-Z fan. Anyway, I guess I am just wondering if there are others that feel the same way or I'm a loner on this one.