1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

futureme.org

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TexasFight, Dec 3, 2010.

1. TexasFight

TexasFight Member

So I woke up this morning and found an email in my Inbox.

The subject was "It is 2004 and..."

It was from me. I wrote it to myself on Dec. 3, 2004 - and set the delivery date for Dec. 3, 2010 by using this web site:

www.futureme.org

It was awesome reading that email and seeing how much I've changed in 6 years. Not sure if any of you have used it - but it was so cool to see that email today. I totally forgot that I even wrote it.

A direct quote from the email from 2004: "So, has Yao revolutionized the NBA yet? I'm sure he's a sure-fire HOFer, right? Of course he is. Yao+Mcgrady = 2 rings by 2010."

I encourage everyone to give it a try... Set the date out several years. I wrote another one today for delivery on Dec. 3, 2016.

1 person likes this.
  2. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

That's awesome. Thanks

3. JaWindex

JaWindex Contributing Member

Optimism, oh how I miss thee!

We did something like this in middle school. We wrote letters to ourselves that were mailed out to us when we were graduating from high school. I got to look back and see how much of a dork I used to be :p

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

This would drive me crazy. What if I can't put it out of my head for several years?

5. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

this is awesome. I'm going to have my kids write one to themselves for 5 yrs out....

6. TexasFight

TexasFight Member

It's funny... b/c now I wonder since I've had the benefit of experiencing the payoff if I won't be able to forget the note and it'll be in my head for years.

I imagine, however, that life will get busy and in a few weeks I'll totally forget about it.

7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Wrote one to myself, pretty awesome site. Wished I had run into this earlier.

8. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

So, have you realized that consciousness, and therefore awareness of death, is the greatest curse of all?

9. Apps

Apps Member

Don't worry dude. In an alternate universe it's already the future and the alternate you is wishing that you had stumbled upon this website earlier. You're living the dream of the alternate you, right now!

10. mosessmalone

mosessmalone Member

sent myself a scathing email about how I better have achieved my goals by the time I get it. Set to arrive in 2014 :cool: :cool:

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

It'd be cool to write one to your significant other like 3mts-1yr into it and set it for like 3yrs out. Whether you are still together or not... it'd be fun.

12. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

I sent one to myself years ago and received it earlier this year on my 40th birthday. Had completely forgotten about it. It was a crazy window into the past...

13. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Just go read your old posts from Clutchfans. lol