1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

future Texas A&M Aggie

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RocketsMac, Oct 7, 2007.

1. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

for those of you talking about it from hot girls prospective, here's what TAMU has:
    [​IMG]

please ignore the male cheerleaders or whatever the heck they are at the top.. :D

I hope this isn't as bad as it looks, can u explain the male cheerleaders for me Ziggy? :eek:

2. OrangeRowdy95

OrangeRowdy95 Contributing Member

If you go to A&M, do engineering. You'll be set for life, seriously. It's top 3 in Texas and top 30 in the nation. That way, if the med thing doesn't work out, you still have a great backup. And if you do something like bio-engineering track, you'll have taken all the necessary pre-med courses anyway. The worst thing you can do is limit yourself to pre-med and decide later on you don't want to be a doctor or perform poorly on the MCAT (which is the hardest standardized test out there, 50 times harder than the SAT), and then be forced to go to graduate school and pay 40 grand a year for it.

3. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

oops, my bad, wrong pic..

fixed it..

4. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

yeah, actually, there's no strictly "premed" program at A&M... u can major in whatever u want and still do premed.. so I am considering several things right now, most likely chemical engineering or biomedical engineering.. anyone has any info/personal experience that he can share?

5. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

That's like saying Cornell is considered slightly below Colombia, Brown, and Pennsylvania. We're still one of only 5 Public Ivy's.

On that note: In your face UNC-Chapel Hill!!!!

6. flipmode

flipmode Member

again, let's take into consideration the poster's goal:

pre-med. that is, medical school - humans.
    hands down, UT.

A&M is great for engineering and business, sure, but it's geared towards the agricultural roots. culturally, if you want to step back into the 1950s where everyone was polite, southern-proud, and caucasian-dominated, that's where it is. tradition is the holy word. it could be very comfortable and nurturing, but also very sheltered. you will have a crazy strong bond to other aggies, but could be made fun of by everyone else in the nation for what you call school pride. case in point, squeezing your balls on national tv, male milkmen cheerleaders, eating lists, and wasting money on lawsuits with NFL teams.

if you're anything but caucasian, i suggest UT - diverse, progressive, fast-paced, and a better reflection of the "changing" real world. nobody will coddle you, people could be mean or weird, but other people will be the coolest, most intriguing people you've ever met. UT is on the same engineering level as A&M, and business is arguably better, but remember - you want biology and natural sciences, and you can't beat UT in the state of texas in that category. same with law. research, professors, funding, competition, recognition - it's all there. you might feel lost, but it's a huge wake-up call - you realize quickly that the world is much larger than you previously thought. you'll meet rebels, geeks, jocks, frat boys, sorostitutes, transgendered, gays, lesbians, protest junkies, and i guess some potheads. but you know what? that's the real world.

and don't, don't, don't - ever base your education and degree on proximity to a sports team. just don't. you might as well just stop trying to be a doctor and just be a ball boy.

(as you can tell, i'm a UT grad, but i respect a&m for its merits. i just don't agree with its lack of diversity and the "living in the past" thing didn't work for me.)

just don't go to OU or tech. cheaters and std-magnets. :D

7. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I think UT engineering is ranked higher. Maybe A+M beats them in Agriculture and Petroleum, but there is no way A&Ms engineering program is better in any other field.

8. flipmode

flipmode Member

by the way, med schools will definitely prefer someone with medical studies and medical experience in internships (which would display your interest and devotion to the field). and how do you get those?

by being part of a good pre-med program. go to UT if you're set on pre-med.

9. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

Not much to explain dude, they are called Yell Leaders and they lead the crowd in specific cheers during games.

[​IMG]

not to be confused with the Corps of Cadets

[​IMG]

(no homo)

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

As crazy as it sounds TAMU currently has more African American's than UT. Not that I completely disagree with your remarks. Just saying.

11. flipmode

flipmode Member

diverse != african-americans.

diverse = african-americans, AFRICANS (yes, they're different), spaniards, italians, australians, indians, chinese, filipinos, koreans, vietnamese, burmese, persian, russians.... you get the idea.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Male cheerleaders this... Male cheerleaders that. At least they know the damn game. We do have cheerleaders though.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Why I said I didn't necessarily completely disagree with your remarks. Just trying to open peoples minds. Its genuinely a diverse school from what I see. Compare it to a Texas State for example. Its not Austin. But we have made strides. Gates created a position specifically dedicated to increasing diversity. I am telling you if you haven't been to Aggie Land in the past 5 years you are misinformed. But I concede in comparing it Austin.

14. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

And I'm sure she'd make a super high shchool drill team instructor

15. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

LMFAO.. :D

reminds me of this (never gets old):
    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RUCbPvP5H9k"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RUCbPvP5H9k" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

and I accidentally found this too which gave me a good laugh:
    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pxN1zkQgKKA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pxN1zkQgKKA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

And just to keep things light....

[​IMG]

17. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

You'll be pleased to know that none of your tuition money is paying for the head football coach's website.

18. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

:confused: :confused: :eek:

no comment..

A&M still rocks though..

19. SLrocket

SLrocket Contributing Member

something about A&M just bugs me....too country-ish for me. too many rednecks? i duno.

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Speaking of chaps...
    [​IMG]
    Gig on that