1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

future Texas A&M Aggie

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RocketsMac, Oct 7, 2007.

1. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

But is it a song for just when they play that school or is it the all-purpose fight song ?

2. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

You'll really like A&M. I wasn't that into tradition or A&M before I went. I got accepted at UT, A&M, Tech, etc. and decided to go to A&M just because of the small town feel and it was still close enough to home to drive back for weekends or whenever, yet far enough away to stay away when I wanted to.

I have been very successful so far with my degree from A&M in business.

I also had a lot of fun going to school there.

3. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Haha...thanks for that. I will be the first to admit that Aggies in general have ****ty taste in music. :D

As for the some of the other things you mentioned. I met people from the Corps that seemed like good, mature individuals and others that seemed like immature douche bags, but then again that dichotomy can be seen in almost any group no matter where you look. Regardless, other than seeing them around campus, the Corps has little bearing on the day-to-day life of the normal A&M student.

About the song. Agreed. It always bothered me when we would be playing a (probably higher ranked) OU team close in the third quarter only to start singing about sawing UT's horns off. Its like who gives a **** about UT right now. I asked people about this and they said oh "it's just tradition," which I guess is probably the truth. But yeah, I can see how the song may seem obnoxious to outsiders.

I think some of you would be surprised at how normal and just all-around un-weird A&M is if you were there walking around campus, going to classes, going to meals, working out at the rec center, and studying on a daily basis. No matter what you've been told, it's really not like being on a different planet. :p

#43 DCkid, Oct 8, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2007
  4. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Yeah, well some people might like the small town feel and/or the proximity to home. Nothing wrong with that.

That being said, Bryan, TX still is probably the worst city I've ever been. In my opinion.

5. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

winner.

6. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

you're gay, right?

7. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Yeah, who would want to go to college in Austin? :rolleyes:

I had a few friends that went to A&M. Good school, but kind of a small town atmosphere and small town people. If you are into that or used to that, you will enjoy it. If you prefer a more diverse student base and a more uptempo city, try UT. If you can't get into either and want to go to a school in arguably the ugliest part of the country (but with some of the hottest women), try Tech

8. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

If you went to Tech you could enjoy some swimming:

[​IMG]

:cool:

9. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

I'm guessing that the vast majority have been online, and God knows that there are no dorks online.

You take a school with 40,000 students and who knows how many alums and label them all as dorks. I guess there haven't been enough Aggies posting "what's in your CD player" threads to meet your definition of cool. :rolleyes:

10. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Uh, no. There are 3 guys that are A&M alums (one of them left a couple of months ago but had been here 5 years plus) that work in the other building from me and I have gotten to know them over the last 5 years or so. They are nice guys but they are dorks. So, easy on the labelling there, aggie, that all of the A&M dorks I have encountered have all been on-line. If it makes you feel any better, you are the biggest on-line aggie dork I have dealt with. :)

11. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

the best thing about a&m is that college station really sucks. it helps not to have a lot of distractions when you're trying to tackle such a rigorous curriculum. cow tipping is pretty fun too if you have enough time after honing your massive inferiority complex.

12. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

Hey dude you're getting a little personal now, hating on my hometown like that.

Although I completely agree with you, and part of the reason I chose to attend UT and move back to Houston after graduation.

13. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

dude

In my experience, cow tipping was not the reason to hang around cow pastures.

14. Refman

I actually had a good time in College Station. There are places to drink, hang out, shoot pool, etc etc. Not a single time in College Station was there something that I did while living in Houston that wasn't available in College Station (except go to a Rockets of Astros game).

15. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Wow, lots of haters on here.

Ignore them, have fun at A&M, you'll enjoy it.

16. Refman

[​IMG]
    Look to the right...Haterade even comes in orange. How appropriate. :D

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

im a UT fan, but i would have to say that tech wins the picture award on this thread

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Ill put up some TAMU gals. Y'all will see... The real Godzillatrons reside in College Station. If you know what I'm sayinnnn. All these Tech/UT gals are flattttttt.

19. chestr

chestr Member

i just started my tenure at TAMU this semester. honestly i wanted to go to UT cause basically all my friends went there but TAMU offered me a full ride (whereas UT offered me like 300 bucks a semester) and since i'm going the medical route I don't really care where I went for undergrad academically (cause med schools focus on GPA, MCAT, volunteer/research)

that said, a&m isn't bad at all - judging by the fact ur near top 10%, i think u should be fine academically. If you're going the med route and ur getting scholarships then I'd say A&M is a great choice cause simply put it makes financial sense. no run ur bank low or strain ur rents before u even get into med school...

20. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

College Station is too small town hick IMO. If you're a common looking white dude that likes country music, you'll fit right into that community. TAMU certainly does have a massive inferiority complex, much like the city of Houston does when compared to other big cities like L.A., New York, San Fran, Chicago, Miami, etc. TAMU wants to be mentioned in the same breath as UT, Florida, Florida State, Michigan, ie. other big time colleges with the coolness factor when talked in conversations. In other words, TAMU is the plain looking girl wanting to be with the in-crowd with the hot chicks.