1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

future Texas A&M Aggie

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RocketsMac, Oct 7, 2007.

1. yaoluv

yaoluv Member

this is probably the least helpful thread in the history of the bbs

i love it

2. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

I had lots of friends who goes/went to ATM. It's not such a bad school they say.. and a lot of them are successful career people now.

I personally am going to UH to be closer to my Rockets.

GO ROCKETS!

3. surrender

surrender Member

Prepare for a lifetime of disappointment, but hey, at least you get free tickets to every sporting event

THE COUGAR REDVOLUTION STARTS HERE

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i do not suggest attending a&m

that is all

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Ignore the clowns, they fail to realize where TAMU ranks in things like business, architecture, engineering, vet school, etc...

If you are doing pre-med be prepared to work your ass off like never before. I would guess at least half of the people that start out there switch majors or fail out of that particular college.

6. Poloshirtbandit

*cue arrow pointing to my zipper*

7. Fatty FatBastard

Completely agree. The most important thing is to graduate. Majors, unfortunately mean nothing, in the long run.

I'm the perfect example. Both I and my brother went to school at the same time. He went with a RHIM major (restaurant) and I went with finance AND economics. I figured i'd be a shoe-in for a CEO job with my credentials, while I thought my bro's were laughably bad.

Ten years later, my brother makes close to $440K with Conoco Phillips, and I'm in equiities and insurance. Yay, me.

My largest point, other than punching my brother in the stomach upon my memory recall, is that majors don't matter. Get into a good school, graduate, be a constantly happy guy (the major difference I can detect between my brother and I) and you should, and will do well.

That'll be $39.95.

8. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

That's because you went to Tech. :D

But seriously, take a couple trips out to the other schools just to have a look. A&M is a good school, especially if you're planning on working in Texas. But I can honestly say that if you take a visit to UT, you'll be sold almost immediately.

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

yaoluv, you're a really weird dude, man...

Anyway, I'm not the biggest UT fan in the world, but I must say.... Hooo-leeee JESUS!!! I loves me some chaps.

Midriffs + chaps = greatness.

10. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

So says the Lecherous Lush from Lubbock. ;) :D

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I wasn't
    Walking up and down those d*mn hills all day just pissed me off
    I road the bus home after the senior trip thinking
    I ain't coming back here

Honestly, and this is my assessment
    School and education wise . .. you will be fine at Texas A&M

IF YOU ARE A MINORITY the social life and social side of it SUCKS!
    no . . .IT SUCKS WORSE THAN THAT . ..
    Unless you assimilate . . . It is really not good place for non-conformist IMO
    It will build a strong will and strong character - You will learn to deal
    with various levels of intolerance and indifference

If you are not a minority . . you will have a blast. . . ENJOY!!!

Rocket River
    From the Educational Side .. it is top notch

12. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

My girlfriend's 17 year old daughter wasn't. Going to school in the downtown area of a city of 1 million people isn't everybody's cup of tea.

As a graduate of TAMU, I believe that it is a good school. The people that I knew in college were able to compete for a job upon graduation. That being said, I also believe that UT is a good school. A degree from there will help you compete as well.

Personally, I loved my time at TAMU. I made friends that I will have the rest of my life. I got a degree that has afforded me a lot of opportunities.

13. firecat

firecat Contributing Member

I started college at UT as an Electrical Engineering major and went there for almost four years before I got scholastic dismissal for low grades (1.87 gpa). I was able to get my grades up in junior college and eventually I finished my degree at A&M.

I am a die-hard Longhorns fan (as they brain-washed me first) but I really enjoyed going to school at A&M. I realized that the Aggie mentality that I experienced as a UT student was much different than from the day-to-day student experience while I was at A&M.

I'm raising my kids as Longhorn fans, but if they decide to go to A&M, I would be very happy for them to be Aggies.

Good luck!

14. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Why would you want to do this?? Dude - I don't even live in Texas, but if I did, I would make damn sure that my daughter didn't go to A&M.

15. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

One question...why?

16. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Well most of the people I have met in real life and on-line that went to A&M are colossal dorks. And then the whole Corps BS and crap plus the school song trying to diss Texas (which I don't really care for either)...I mean to someone who doesn't go there, it is laughable not to mention shows that A&M has a gigantic chip on their shoulder in terms of insecurity when it comes to UT.

Now DC, with your love for the Flaming Lips and Neil Young, you are that rare Aggie that isn't a dork, but damn, it sure seems like that everyone that goes there is one.

17. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

It's in College Station

18. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

some people are just haters.

Seriously. it's a good school. People just love to hate. like a broken record...blah blah blah...

I'd send my kids to either TAMU or UT.

19. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

Is this really an official song of the school?

Texas A&M
    "The Aggie War Hymn"

Hullabaloo, Caneck! Caneck!
    Hullabaloo, Caneck! Caneck!
    Good-bye to Texas University
    So long to the Orange and the White
    Good luck to the dear old Texas Aggies
    They are the boys that show the real old fight
    "The eyes of Texas are upon you..."
    That is the song they sing so well
    So good-bye to Texas University
    We're going to beat you all to--
    Chig-gar-roo-gar-rem
    Chig-gar-roo-gar-rem
    Rough Tough! Real Stuff! Texas A&M!

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Ya... It promotes rivalry. Despite where these schools currently stand it is a tradition. College football is based heavily upon tradition after all. :rolleyes:

Forget that our former president is secretary of defense, or that we have a governor in office, or that Kubiak is putting the Texans on the map. Lets focus on a song. Because that is important after all.

"yao ming-yao ming-yao ming"