1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

future Super Bowl locations

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Drewdog, Dec 7, 2007.

1. Drewdog

Drewdog Member

I think its about time the NFL decides on a good rotation of locales for the Super Bowl. Enough of this Detroit and Jacksonville stuff..... Seems like its pretty random in their selection of a site for a future Super Bowl.

If I were the commish I would rotate between these 8 locales:

1. San Diego
    2. Tampa
    3. Miami
    4. New Orleans
    5. Atlanta
    6. Phoenix
    7. Houston
    8. Dallas (once their monster $1billion stadium is complete)

To me, those cities give you the best shot at good weather and are not going to be frozen tundras or boring locations for travelers.

I really think Houston deserves another Super Bowl. By all accounts we had a great response from visitors, the weather was nice, and we have a kick-ass facility to boot.

2. macalu

macalu Member

wasn't it raining all weekend during our Super Bowl?

3. MadMax

MadMax Member

yeah, it was cold and rainy.

by the way...dallas can get pretty damn cold in january.

4. msn

msn Member

It can do that in any US city (well, maybe not Honolulu) in January.

That, and they're building a brand new, state-of-the-art, multi-gazillion-dollar stadium, and they're keeping the stupid ass-ugly square hole in the roof. How amazingly, spectactularly stupid. Only South Oklahoma could come up with that.

5. MadMax

MadMax Member

yeah, i don't get that at all.

6. Drewdog

Drewdog Member

IIRC the weather was pretty pleasent on Super Bowl sunday. I think it was the days leading up to that were chilly and rainy.

7. Drewdog

Drewdog Member

I think its a retractable hole ;)

8. MadMax

MadMax Member

yeah, but the NFL and media freak out about weather during the week leading up to the event.

9. msn

msn Member

So, it's a butthole? How incredibly appropriate.

10. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

I know you are a homer and all, but Houston will not be getting a SB again for a long, long time. Dallas will get the dibs for many, many years to come.

Those are just the breaks! You have 1 stadium that is now undersized, next door to an eyesore, and a new state of the art stadium that will seat 100,000 people for the SB. Just can't compete with that. :D

BTW, I know it will be hard to ever admit this, but Dallas will get the nod for a future summer olympics way before Houston. :D

11. msn

msn Member

I disagree with your take, too. So can I call you a name? How about Dallas Ass-kisser?

Can't you ever disagree with someone without calling him a "homer"?

12. yobod

yobod Member

San Diego is a great city in terms of weather, location, and people (the girls.... :eek: ) but the one major thing that's holding them back is the fact that their stadium is like 35 years old. Jack Murphy/Qualcomm Stadium is one of the few stadiums left that were built in the 60s. Needless to say, it's not a Super Bowl worthy stadium. The city, however, is.

13. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Member

The NFL has said that they will not come back to San Diego until a new stadium is built. Unless the Chargers build a stadium here in Chula Vista, the Superbowl will probably end up in LA along with the Chargers.

14. msn

msn Member

Puke on that. Here's to SD getting a stadium.

15. weslinder

weslinder Member

It's so God can watch His favori...

Oh please, kill me already. I'm about to gag just thinking about it.

16. msn

msn Member

Do they really say that???

Generally, a vent is placed in the top of something so that hot air can escape.

Although, the butthole example seems much more applicable, it being retractable and all.

17. weslinder

weslinder Member

A 40-year-old stadium in San Diego beats the hell out of a brand-new billion-dollar stadium in South Oklahoma.

18. leroy

leroy Member

They really do say that.

I never thought of it being a butthole. It does seem to be the perfect explanation.

19. A-Train

A-Train Member

The Superbowl is quickly becoming the most overrated sporting event of the year.

[rant]Screw this "warm weather" crap. Have the Superbowl in Washington DC, New York, Philly, New England, and Green Bay. These are freaking FOOTBALL players for God's sake! Those p***y corporate a-holes don't like the weather? ***** em!! They can give their tickets to real fans that will appreciate the game. Better yet, forget the whole neutral site thing all together and give the home field advantage to the team with the better record. Split the ticket sales down the middle for each team. These guys play the conference championship games in the snow, why not the Superbowl? Give the Superbowl back to the FANS where it belongs.[/rant]

20. msn

msn Member

That sounds great (seriously!)! With either plan, it will be equally long before we see a Superbowl in Houston again. :cool: