1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Future state of the rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BeardSanity, Feb 20, 2019.

1. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

With an aging CP whose being compensated like a top 3 player, Many fans are grim of the rockets future. This season a ship would obv be welcomed, but not expected.(at least compared to last) We have one of the most talented players ever and management knows they cant waste him in his prime.

Going forward, the only way to actually improve this team to the level of a real contender is to get a bonafide star.
    Looking at the scope of things, it doesn't look like we would be able to outright sign someone and none of the stars of '19 FA are looking at houston anyways. The only shot we have is via trade with an upset star. I can think of only one that would be a great fit and who would get us over the edge, Bradley Beal. IF we could empty our firsts with Eric Gordon I think theres a shot we can get him this offseason.

Why would the wizards trade? They're going nowhere with wall contract and many say they're ready to blow it up. While others are concerned with the AD's, Kawhii's, Durants of the world, if we could pick up beal (who is underrated 2 way player with a great fit next to harden) that would put us up with anyone in the league.

What do you guys think?

BaselineFade likes this.
  2. rockets13champs

Our future state will be in Texas we ain’t ever leaving #SaveOurRockets

ramotadab likes this.
  3. 1Deep

1Deep Member

Is this a random trade idea?

Mathloom likes this.
  4. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

its a: what are the options for us to really improve while in hardens prime thread

5. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

but I guess people like yapping about ferittas wallet more than having a real discussion on the teams future outlook

BaselineFade likes this.
  6. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I also thought EG could net is a big name if we attached picks and prospects with him. But I think we ended up overrating his value on this team. And next year he will be a year older and no years left on his contract.
    He is not enough to attach four low first rounders and net us anything on Beal’s level.

7. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

I’d love to have Beal. Premier talent getting ready to enter his prime. I just don’t know if we can offer enough. Would Washington value EG or our picks that much? I have no idea. I’m all for going all in for a star this offseason. I think our window closes after next year with CP. I hope I’m wrong but time will tell. If not Beal I don’t even know who the other possibilities may be for this offseason.

I still haven’t gotten oven the trade deadline and this buyout bs. But I do hope Morey can land someone of significance this offseason.