1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Future Olympics and the Internet

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Mango, Sep 26, 2000.

1. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

As technology advances it should be possible to watch the Olympics via the Internet in future years. What would you be willing to pay for the ability to roll a custom package of Olympic events for viewing via your Internet connection? This would allow you to watch the events live and of your choice instead of the current format of taped and the network's choice.

Mango

------------------
    Test Your NBA Trade Ideas
    1. Put new topics in the proper forum.
    Things happening in the rest of the NBA
    2. Use clear wording for new threads.
    3. No duplicate threads
    4. Conduct yourself as an adult.
    The Serious Police are watching.
    Donate Blood or be assimilated!

2. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Hope so Mango,

We don't have the time delay problem here in Australia but we have still got shafted by the TV stations, who on average have have shown about 5minutes of game time of the Australian bball team games so far.

I would be great to choose, cause we have had hours of gymnastic, equestrian and rowing here in australia.

Smeg

------------------
    Discombobulation Imminent

3. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Smeg,
    you should've got the cable coverage - 2 channels showing uninterrupted events 24 hours a day - plus 2 other channels showing slightly delayed coverage and overnight all aussie team sports are replayed in full!

I've had a busy week so far...

------------------

4. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

DrN,

yeah i have plenty of mates with it, but still 7 has put way to much gymnastics and horsey on.

Smeg

------------------
    Discombobulation Imminent

5. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

ooooh!!

I want to order ballroom dancing!!

------------------
    I am so exasperated that I could expectorate.

6. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Why can't the Olympics just be offered on good old TV?

They could have the events on PPV, so you would only pay for what you want to watch.

------------------
    In order to be a success in life, you need 2 things:
    1. Don't tell everything you know.

7. dc sports

dc sports Member

Forget that! This is the Olympics for goodness sakes! International peace and harmony and all of that. The things should be televised for free! Put the best games on the contracted station, subcontract the rest, and put the less popular stuff on C-Span (Congress is out campaigning anyway!).

Seriously, I don't have a problem with commercials, because they do have to recover production costs. But it's supposed to be a display of international goodwill. And we are paying the athletes training costs, hotels, fees, and everything else. Why should we have to buy a paperview package to see the other sports?

Smeg, out of curiosity, are the games in Australia televised on CBS, or on an Austrailian television network?

------------------
    Stay Cool...