1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Future of TJ, KJ and Smoove

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by aussie rocket, Mar 25, 2016.

1. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

If jones is gone though, whose taking him and what are we getting for him?

His value is so low he's almost untradeable

2. Ubigman

Ubigman Member

ed edd n eddy

3. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't mind never seeing Jones or Josh suit up again.

Thank God Beasley is playing well and hopefully it continues. He's good enough to be 3rd best player on a champion.

4. koby1868

koby1868 Member

KJ is on a contract. Jones will be a free agent that we won't sign back and Smith is also a free agent that I hope we can sign on a vet min deal to bring him back. Our depth at the 4 would be solid with Beasley/DMO/Smith.

5. HTX Ninja

HTX Ninja Member

C'mon isn't there a at least a tiny percent chance Smoove stays?

6. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Certified? Scrub, perhaps. Or perhaps not, dunno. But, how in tarnation is he 'certified' as a scrub?

7. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

FA. Someone will sign him for something; mebbe even a one-year deal here (keeping Bird Rights in place)?

8. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Def a 'fit' player. The guy affects games(, and not just negatively with poor shooting/shot selection). Positive ways; the guy got game.

9. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

TJ, josh, terry, goudelock will be let go, rights renounced to clear cap.

KJ will be back because of his cheap deal and potential... unless he's added as a sweetener to help get out of brewer's contract and create more cap space (which i think will happen).

dwight will probably be S&T for a large TE that we can use to acquire players after being over the cap.

Dmo and beasley are probably resigned to decent deals.

that would leave us with a roster of:
    capela-harrell
    dmo-beas
    ariza-dekker
    harden
    bev

and about $35-40M to spend in FA (depending on how much dmo and beas cost).

10. joeson332

joeson332 Member

what I dont understand is how you can play Ariza for 30 plus minutes and not give KJ some time to give Ariza a damn break, JB is so damn inconsistent.

11. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

pretty much this...
    'cept I think Goudelock will be held onto... cheap contract...
    Beas is already signed through next year (team option)...
    Dwight will just walk - dont see the reason for a s&t - he's not getting max money...

12. Olajuwon34

Olajuwon34 Member

I like KJ. I think if he got consistent minutes he would bring a certain dynamic to the Rockets that we are lacking. With that being said, we just can't find the minutes for him.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Jones might find some team to be 3rd string on or he's headed overseas, KJ sticks around because he's under contract, Josh Smith probably retires because he's terrible at basketball now. .

14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

15. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

I am bummed Josh can't be worked in. He's our best defender and rebounder at the 4 - a good defender for any 4. I don't understand why his shot can't be straightened out. It's not like KJ or Dwight, who have never known how to shoot. Smith shot the three well for us just last year. Why can't he just practice that shot enough to get back in rhythm? A 3&D PF is a perfect fit for us. 3&D players at any position are a perfect fit for us. I like DMo and Beasley too. I just think Josh brings something else. Hope he can get straightened out.

16. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

dwight can get larger % annual raises and an extra year (if anyone is dumb enough to give him 5 years) with a S&T. however, those % raises could be a big deal to dwight if he's taking a shorter contract.

thanks for the correction about beasley. i could see goudelock being retained as well. how much do you think dmo will get as a RFA? maybe 10-15M?

worst case scenario is there is no good trade to get out of brewer's contract. that would leave us with:

capela-harrell
    dmo-beas
    ariza-brew-dekker
    harden-KJ-goudelock
    beverley

and about $25-30M in cap space.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

And yet team defense has been MUCH better since Josh Smith got nailed to the bench. Sorry but Smith's career is done, he's just not good at basketball anymore.

Smith is likely the 4th best PF on the roster behind DMo, Beasley, and Harrell.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Dwight cannot get an extra year or more money with a sign-and-trade. That was eliminated in the new CBA.

4 years if he signs elsewhere
    4 years if he S-n-T elsewhere

19. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Yeah he is on a great contract but you can't get too excited about someone who hasn't played at all.
    Unfortunately with our team you can't even get excited about someone who has played (see Corey Brewer last year...Corey brewer this year)

20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

There is a thread about the idea on Clutchfans. On Clutchfans, this makes an idea 'certified'.

:cool::confused: