1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Future of TJ, KJ and Smoove

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by aussie rocket, Mar 25, 2016.

1. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Good enough players to at least be in the rotation of a good number of teams. Yet probably not a part of our future.

Should we try and keep any of these 3 next season? And more immediately will any of them help us the rest of this season?

2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I don't know but I hope we get rid of that certified scrub Dekker

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

No, no & no.

4. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Only one of those 3 worth a penny is KJ solely due to the fact that he's an unknown quantity with potential at this point.

The other two are done here. Thank God.

I remember when some boldly proclaimed Terrence Jones would be the starter this year and that he's a good player.

Not only is he not the starter, but he's nowhere to be found.

Smith was on a nosedive in Detroit. He was temporarily resuscitated by his stint in Houston last year. His decision to go to the Clippers pretty much finished his career.

He's done too.

5. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

you kidding me? kj on a cheap ass contract. with a real coach, he can at least see if kj can be productive off the bench. thats what should've happened earlier this season.

i heard smith is dealing iwth an injury, i wouldnt mind him coming back on a vet min if he cna still ball. i dunno wtf happened to jones. in a contract year, could've got himself a fat contract.

6. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Thing about Smith is he's our only really good defender at the 4 position. Might be useful against LMA or Griffin, etc. I don't know why he totally forgot how to shoot. I remember he practiced 3 pointers a ton last year - did he quit doing that?

7. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Body breaking down.

8. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Josh Smith makes a good cheerleader for vet min.

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

10. Mr Chuck Norris

Smoove could be our Shawn Marion with proper coaching

11. dmoneybangbang

KJ is the only one worth keeping, especially if we move Brewer.

12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Is TJones listed as officially injured still or are they just admitting he's lower on the depth chart than the guy they just sent to the D League?

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Sources say he's still injured, listed as "anal fissure".

1 person likes this.
  14. Lightsnowaction

I want KJ back only because of his so called "potential" and also because around the NBA, wings are hard to come by. But he does need to have a jump shot whatsoever, especially a 3-point shot.

15. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

He's not at 100% in terms of health, but Smoov will not be here next season.

Go ahead, I can hear some of you rejoicing for petty reasons. :)

16. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Jones sucks, Smith sucks but I'd think about him at vet min. for next year. KJ is expendable but I wouldn't rush him out the door.

17. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Get rid of Smoove and Jones. Keep KJ.

18. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

19. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I would assume we're keeping KJ
    Jones is definitely a goner. Smoove is probably a goner.
    I never understood the KJ signing but now it's looking pretty damn good. I admit I was wrong there.

It's funny I am so down on the Rockets for this season and am positive they will miss the playoffs, but pretty excited for next season. It'll be interesting what we can do with our roster considering how many of our players are on great contracts with the salary cap rise.
    Harden is underpaid. Arizas contract is solid. Beasley and Capela and even KJ if he cracks the rotation, will all be paid nothing but hopefully contributers. Only bad contract I see is Brewer. Dmo is restricted so we just wait and see what he gets.

20. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Yes also the forget Gouldlock, I think if he was getting playing time now he'd be surprising a lot of people, kind of like how Beasly is doing. Unfortunately Jbb is not comprehending the fact that he has the next kyle Lowry sitting on his bench, but next year he's gonna be a key factor to the rockets success at the point fairs position and he's on a vet
    Minimum also.