1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Futurama Reborn!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mateo, Jun 9, 2009.

1. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

It's official: 'Futurama' is reborn!

Jun 9, 2009, 05:20 PM | by Michael Ausiello

Categories: News

Futurama-returns_lHoly Bender Bending Rodríguez!

Six years after getting axed by Fox, Futurama is being resurrected on Comedy Central.

A spokesperson for 20th Century Fox Television confirms that the cable net has ordered 26 new episodes of Matt Groening and David X. Cohen's late, great animated series to air beginning in 2010. The studio cites Futurama's "blockbuster" performance on DVD and in reruns on Comedy Central as the reason for its rebirth.

Hmmm... sound familiar?

"When we brought back Family Guy several years ago, everyone said that it was a once in a lifetime thing -- that canceled series stay canceled and cannot be revived," 20th Century Fox TV Chairmen Gary Newman and Dana Walden said in a joint statement. "But Futurama was another series that fans simply demanded we bring back, and we couldn’t have been happier when Matt and David agreed that there were many more stories yet to tell."

Adds Groening: "We’re thrilled Futurama is coming back. We now have only 25,766 episodes to make before we catch up with Bender and Fry in the year 3000."

2. DreamRoxCoogFan

lets hope its not as shi**y as family guy has become.

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Good news everybody!

4. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

This news is the sex.

I fricking love Futurama.

5. MexAmercnMoose

even though i liked the first few seasons of family guy, futurama was always better than family guy

6. Al Calavicci

Al Calavicci Contributing Member

One of the best things about Futurama was the characters, in the sense that they were always individuals.

Like many shows that go on too long, family guy for instance, eventually they all start to make the same kind of jokes and really aren't characters with stories just set ups to make jokes. Friends is a live action version of this IMO.

But Futurama is great because it also means you can have actual stories. The show has a little heart too, which is what made the Simpsons great back in the day. It can't be all jokes.

7. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Zoidberg

hell yes.

8. dmc89

dmc89 Member

+1, Stewie needs to be less gay and more of the genius/megalomaniac he used to be back in 2000; same with Brian, turn down the political views several notches (FOX News is evil, majority who enjoy FG know this so it's redundant trying to drill it in our heads).

Besides Road to Germany and the one where Stewie kidnaps the Star Trek cast, this season along with the previous one plain sucked.

9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Family Guy ran out of gags pretty quickly, thats what happens when you completely detach the jokes from the plot.

10. dback816

dback816 Member

Excellent

About time

11. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Will be interesting to see how they tie it in to the last movie. I certainly hope they don't just ignore it. But it's great that it's back.

12. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Finally... Fox making up for its mistakes...

13. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Thank God they are doing episodes again. I'm glad the DVDs sold well, but I think because they had to make the movies in a way that they could be chopped into 3 episodes for broadcast messed with the flow of the films.

14. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Comedy Central is owned by Viacom.

15. Christopher

Christopher Member

This is great!

16. getsmartnow

getsmartnow Contributing Member

Yes! Return of the Crushinator!

[​IMG]

17. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Freaking awesome. I hope that Groening was willing to sign on for a full season means that he is pretty confident most, if not all, of the voice actors will return.

18. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Ah, I think I mistyped what I was trying to say... I was trying to say something like... Finally... someone is finally making up for Fox's mistakes... I don't know what was going through my head when I typed it that way...

19. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

WOOOHOOOO!

[​IMG]

20. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

A round of Slurm for everyone!