1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Futbol] 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by SwoLy-D, Jun 30, 2015.

1. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Dang, I missed such a dominant performance from the USMNT

2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Well, to be fair, Cuba didn't put up much of a fight. I think the combination of issues they were dealing with finally caught up to them. Once we got the early 2 goals, the game was essentially over. After that point, it was more of a matter of how much. We played well but the game was never really in doubt. It's good to get a game like that, though, after having scoring issues in the previous 4 games.

Alvarado needs to be the odd man out against Jamaica. I'm afraid leaving him in will cause tons of problems. He's rarely in a good position and not physically imposing enough. Maybe that works in the mexican league but it doesn't in the international game. Jamaica is a big and physical team. We need it to be Brooks and Gonzalez in the middle...and I'd like to see Evans get a shot to start on the right. The rest of the team played well, though. I also like what Corona brought in the middle. Yedlin also played much better than he did in the early games. Again, though, Cuba didn't bunker and there was lots of space for him to run. I don't expect Jamaica to bunker in. I think they think enough of themselves to play spread, which should be in our favor. I expect us to win but this will be our toughest game of the tournament by far.

3. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

This USA guy and I were discussing him. I have seen him plenty with my club team América of MX. If he stays on his feet and reduces risky situations, and is solid on his feet more like Gonzalez, he can be playing for the US for a long time. :eek: I warned of how much he goes crazy defending out of his area... and it sort of was happening vs. Cuba... not so much in the other games.

1 person likes this.
  4. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

PKs for Panama and T&T. Quick turnaround for Wednesday for whichever side wins.

5. SwoLy-D

Dang. Trinidad deserved to win that game. :eek:. Well played, Panamá.

6. The Stig

The Stig Member

Herrera and Aguilar contributing to the space exploration with their shooting. Horrendous composure by both teams in front of goal. Other than that, very good end to end stuff out there.

7. desihooper

Supporting Member

Mexico saved by the ref?

8. Stiles

Stiles Member

Not a penalty.

9. desihooper

Supporting Member

Close call, could have gone either way. Was hoping for more PK drama, but I guess we got it right there :)

10. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

11. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

That was not a penalty, but i'll take it

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Wow - what a terrible way to end it...Mexico looked the better side all game but their finishing was horrid.

No way that is a PK....ridiculous.

DD

13. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

That sucks for CR. What a horrible call. Not only was it not a penalty, it's not a call you can make in that position. Not only that, Perralta should have been given a red just minutes earlier for an absolutely dirty tackle.

That said, more classless crap from fans throwing stuff on the field and at the refs.

14. SwoLy-D

¡GoOOoL! A. Guardado (P) 120+' :eek:

15. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

One of the worst calls I've ever seen. Absolutely terrible.

16. Rocket G

Rocket G Contributing Member

Not a penalty but completely expected. Standard CONCACAF controversy when Mexico plays - either through corruption or ref incompetence. Just surprised they had the gall to do it during the last minute of the match.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

We still are on track for USA vs Mexico in the final though......

DD

18. SwoLy-D

The line judge called it. I'm not sure of it either.

But did Mexico not deserve to win with better football?

Don't forget this:
    Costa Rica didn't want to play in the last 30 minutes faking and waiting for the whistle. If you watch the game again, they didn't even want to restart the game. They don't deserve to win like that either.

That's not skilled football. That's "wasting time." The score was always 0-0. I could see keeping the ball away when you're winning, ok, but they were not.

:eek: See you all in the semifinals.

19. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Lol at CONCAFAF. Money Truly talks.
    #noerapenal

20. SwoLy-D

Of course y'all are going to hate on anything Mexico gets. If it was truly undeserving of that win, Guardado would have missed the PK.

#rasheedWallace :eek: