1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Futbol] 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by SwoLy-D, Jun 30, 2015.

1. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

the united states government is not corrupt

that is the end of my political banter

2. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The same reason I defend Houston and root for the Rockets even though I will never live in Houston again. There are plenty of things to like/love about Houston, but the weather sucks and any drive take 30 minutes to an hour.

1 person likes this.
  3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Looks like there were some drunk dumbasses at a bar who harassed a girl and it sounds as it the American Outlaws are a bunch of unorganized frat boys, most of which never played the game and only became fans because of the FIFA video game...exactly the reason I don't get involved with the groups.

The chants that are alleged are definitely gross and those people are despicable for saying them...like that time a crowd was yelling "OSAMA! OSAMA!" at the US U-23 team.

This is the last I'm going to speak on this...There are s***ty fans from all teams everywhere in every sport. What happened last night was in fact classless and it was in fact mexican fans. There's nothing classy in the least bit about doing that. I apologize for grouping you all together, though. Clearly, not all fans of the mexican national team don't throw trash, urine, vomit, or batteries at opposing players and fans. I'm sure it was just swoly.

1 person likes this.
  4. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

i just want to say i remember brad davis being pummeled by trash in KC and in LA

regardless stadium security should handle that

5. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Ahhh, you recognize my pee again, 420. Cool. :eek: It was warm when I sent it your way, though, I apologize it reached you cool.

6. leroy

Sorry, wasn't at any of those games. No sure who you like to play your pee pee games with...but it wasn't me.

7. SwoLy-D

I don't play pee pee games. I shoot jerks with it. If you weren't there, how were you sure it was me, then, mister "I'm sure"? :rolleyes:

Let the security handle that, you whining baby. LOLs :grin:

[​IMG]

8. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I'm hoping for a Haiti vs. Trinidad final. Would love to see 2,000 people in the Linc for a final!!!!

9. leroy

My QF predictions...

USA 2-0 over Cuba
    Jamaica 2-1 over Haiti
    Trinidad 3-0 over Panama
    Costa Rica 2-1 over Mexico

10. SwoLy-D

Tri vs. Hai for 1500, Alex! :cool:

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I mean I love the GC but to not have South America in it, is just sort of lame.

12 teams enter and only 4 eliminated at group stage....??

They need it to be bigger.

DD

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Just skip QF and directly forward to Semis

13. leroy

I thought it was lame when countries from other regions came into our regional tournament. I'd be all for creating permanently a tournament between COMNEBOL and CONCACAF...but the Gold Cup should remain CONCACAF only.

14. leroy

Off to a good start...2-0 after 15 min. Cuba doesn't appear to be playing with the energy the other teams we've played had. This should finish somewhere close to the final total Mexico had against them.

15. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

4-0 USA at halftime!!

16. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

As it is right now, since the GC is in odd years, there are always 2 Gold Cups between World Cups. They should eliminate the first GC and keep the second.

Have the 6 top ranked Concacaf teams play in the Copa America (with Conmebol permission). That is a 16 team tourney which eliminates these
    dumb best 3rd placed team to advance in a major tourney. Concacaf can split up the teams by both regions so that North America and the Carib can have representatives. Also the FA's for the Concacaf teams have to allow their best players to play.
    The second Gold Cup will be for Concacaf teams only so they can decide who will go to the following Confederations Cup.
    Now I spotted the big fly in the ointment when it comes to this.
    Usually the first GC is used to decide the Concacaf representative for the Confed Cup. The second GC is always held the same time as the Confed Cup.

Concacaf can either have the highest finishing team from the Copa America be the representative for the Confed Cup. But I think it's better that the winner of the 2nd GC go. Let says the USA is playing in the Confed Cup, this gives the other Concacaf teams a chance to go to the following one. That is unless the USA's B team can go out and beat Mexico, Costa Rica or Panama.

I think this is fair to all the Concacaf teams. Also, every 3rd Copa America should be held in North America. USA, Canada, Mexico or hell even Cuba. I don't care. But this can only help Conmebol. The Europeans have been very smart to invade the USA market because they know it was a hugh untapped market. They have 2 of the biggest, most famous teams that they could be promoting more in the USA. Why Conmebol wishes to stay isolated makes no sense financially.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Man do I love Johanssen up top, he is so creative, a wonderful work rate and his touch is outstanding.

Jozy better be careful, his place on the national team is in jeopardy.

DD

18. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

Alvarado just doesn't look like a national team type player, makes too many mistakes in the back.

19. Indaface

Indaface Member

Yea I really don't understand how JK gives him so much praise. He is not ready to be starter or top 5 CB in our pool material yet.

20. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

Salty cause El Salvador would have been a better battle for the USA Team than Cuba.