1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

furniture recommendations

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by PointForward, Jul 4, 2012.

1. PointForward

PointForward Member

Hello fellow CFers, I am moving into my very first apartment here in Houston in a couple weeks and I need some furniture recommendations. I know I could go the used/craigslist route and save some coin but I'd prefer to get something that's new, high quality, and will last a while. I'm leaving Ikea as a last resort because I'm not a big fan of the low quality, heavy MDF material that starts falling apart within a couple of years. Not to mention the assembly process which from my experience isn't too much fun.

What are some good places to check out? Any places known to have pretty good bargains/deals affordable for a student such as myself while at the same time not compromising quality? Any places with good 4th of July specials?

Thanks in advance.

2. Lynus302

Lynus302 Member

You might be surprised at what you can find at Goodwill or Salvation Army store. I got a nice couch for ~$90, end tables, a dresser, coffee table, etc. I'd swear that couch was new despite it coming from Goodwill, and the rest of the furniture was used, but of good, solid-wood quality/built-to-last type stuff.

3. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate

Craigslist on the cheap. Just be selective

4. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

5. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Star and gallery are more on the expensive side. Finger, room store, Ashley.

6. Stacy's knee

Stacy's knee Member

Exclusive furniture, where low prices LIIIIIIIIIIIVE!

1 person likes this.
  7. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Member

If you're just young, just starting out and do not plan to buy a house in the immediate future, I'd recommend you buy cheap furniture. There is no point in getting good furniture all torn up with multiple moves.

8. Classic

Classic Member

9. Jared Novak

Jared Novak Member

Try Southwest Surplus, off I-45 two exits past Gallery Furniture.

10. No Worries

No Worries Member

[​IMG]
    ?

11. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Member

Roomstore is no more.

Might try Rooms to Go, they got some good stuff.