1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Funny V-Span e-mail

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vj23k, Aug 15, 2007.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

oops: I guess I just typed "Bush"....when I should have typed "V-Span."

but, did it lend credibility to my post?

2. BBall Scientist

I was thinking more like this,

[​IMG]

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

And seeing as how he evidently compared V-Span's practices to Steve Nash's MVP-level playing, I'm betting Yao was out of his mind on painkillers at the time.

Great observation! Someone should do a graphic! ;)
    (See the page 9 of this thread.)

4. BBall Scientist

Sounds to me like someone's got some

[​IMG]

over their ban requests and mod applications going largely ignored.

5. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

JVG managed to piss off quite a few people

Feigen also got this interesting quote from Dikembe Mutombo:

“I just spent a week with my kids, and I talked with my wife about it again,” Mutombo said. “I’m just frustrated with the fact there was a chance to go to the second round, at least. After contributing the way I did contribute during the course of the season, I felt I did deserve a little time in the playoffs to play. The opportunity was not given to me. I’m a little bit disappointed about it.”

So not only has Van Gundy managed to piss off rookies (e.g. Vassilis Spanoulis) and veterans (i.e. Bonzi Wells), but also LEGENDS OF THE GAME like Dikembe. What a shame. If the Rockets get rid of Van Gundy, will you consider coming back, Deke?

Speaking of Spanoulis, Vassilis had the following to say:

“Now is time to rest a little bit, to clear my mind for a big season for me, maybe the toughest in my life, in my career,” said Spanoulis.

“I want to speak with the guys and know what’s going on with my future. We’ll see. I have a contract. I can’t say now nothing. I have to clear my mind, rest and get with the guys up in the office who showed me a lot of love and support this year.

“I love this team, but I have to think what is best for my future. The people here showed me a lot of love, a lot of support a lot of advice this year.”

I find it interesting that Spanoulis said “the guys up in the office who showed me a lot of love and support this year.” That would mean Carroll Dawson, Dennis Lindsey, and Daryl Morey. To me, that shows the front office personnel might have been frustrated with how Van Gundy was handling Spanoulis (as well as other players, perhaps).

6. topfive

topfive CF OG

Technically, it could just as easily mean he didn't think his fellow players gave him love and support, couldn't it?

7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

See, now that is not funny.
    Can you somehow work in a reference to crotches or another culture?

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Wait a minute pardner.......I think you have me confused with someone else.....

I hate Bush more than JVG........

Mayhaps you are confused.

LOL - Got me....I was already in full defense mode !!!!!

Nicely done sir !!!!

One more thing, I never said V-span was the answer, just that Rafer wasn't and that JVG should have developed V-Span to find out if he was part of the future. I get lumped in with the V-Span was great crowd, and I was more along the lines of...he might become great if given the chance...big difference.

Still I tip my hat to your posts....

DD

9. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

Personally I like Bush and who wouldn't :D

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I don't like bush.....I like trim.

:D

DD

11. BBall Scientist

You mean something like?,

Hey Bald Bob Knobbing how's it feel to be riding this guy's sack all day long?

[​IMG]

12. SmitingPurpleEm

Keep going, you'll get yourself banned eventually; in fact you're getting pretty close.

A pity actually, on any forum it's nice to have a pinata that everyone kicks around.