1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Funny comments in the new NBA Power Ranking

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tracymingreedy, Feb 2, 2009.

1. tracymingreedy

tracymingreedy Contributing Member

Rockets is ranked number 9.

With Wednesday's loss to the Sixers, the Rockets are now 0-3 with their full rotation in uniform. Fortunately, Yao Ming stepped on Tracy McGrady's left ankle in practice on Friday, and with a man down, the Rockets were able to beat the Warriors on Saturday.

http://www.nba.com/powerrankings/

2. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

lol, that is funny.

3. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Sports writers catching on, maybe Adelman will too one of these days.

4. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

i don't see it's funny. it's classless. are you happy when someone injuried?

5. Kracka0476

Kracka0476 Member

He was just conveying the thoughts of most others, that T-Mac is the reason the Rockets are not doing as well as they were hyped up to do this year. I don't think he was making light of his injury per say.

6. blink

blink Contributing Member

it just says that the rockets are fortunate to beat the warriors even though a man was down.... not really funny if you can read english.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

That is not what it says.....to me it is a sarcastic smack at Tmac.

DD

8. Shaunjon

Shaunjon Member

Looks like someone can't read english then :D

9. blink

blink Contributing Member

Fortunately, [Yao Ming stepped on Tracy McGrady's left ankle in practice on Friday, and with a man down,] the Rockets were able to beat the Warriors on Saturday.

not

[Fortunately, Yao Ming stepped on Tracy McGrady's left ankle in practice on Friday,] and with a man down, the Rockets were able to beat the Warriors on Saturday.

no? reading all the other comments for each team seems like NBA doesnt do sarcastic comments.

10. henGoOink

henGoOink Member

it says were fortunate

11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Fail...

12. babydill

babydill Member

There are other ways to make that point than saying, "fortunately, TMAC twisted his ankle". I don't like how TMAC is playing, but anyone who thinks it's fortunate when our $20M player gets hurt is not too bright.

A FORTUNATE event might be RA growing a pair and benching players who don't perform over a given period and rewarding those who do perform.

13. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    No..

I don't think the article is a direct jab at McGrady, but rather the Rockets injury problems and the fact that the full rotation has only been there for 3 games. He is basically poking fun at the Rockets for not having won a game with their full rotation yet, and saying that it's a good thing that a guy was out so they could win a game again. It was of course very jokingly that he said it... Or at least from what I perceive it as

14. Zac D

Zac D Contributing Member

This is the correct reading.

15. Shaunjon

Shaunjon Member

They're saying our "Big 3" is 0-3 while playing together, since "fortunately" we were one man short of our "Big 3" with Tracy's ankle sprain, we were able to win. Its more of an ironic statement imo, since our Big 3 hasn't won together yet

16. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

try again!

17. roxfan123

roxfan123 Member

If it was like this, I might buy your idea... I personally think it is no bid deal though.

18. EbolaScola

EbolaScola Member

That's what I said! Yao knew what he was doing all along...

19. Ngadban

Ngadban Member

Its not only NBA.com where I'm seeing a little poking at McGrady's misfortunes, take this today from Rotoworlds Dr. A

"Tracy McGrady missed his last game and is questionable for the next because Yao Ming stepped on him during practice. I don't know why, but this one puts a smile on my face, especially since Yao and T-Mac weren't said to really be getting along to begin with. Now T-Mac is day-to-day and Rick Adelman is just praying that he won't be out for long. Yao said he didn't think he stepped on him very hard and X-rays were negative, so it would make sense if T-Mac didn't miss much time. Then again, this is T-Mac we're talking about.

So the hate isn't restricted to the bbs, its actually spread

20. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

i even heard a country station 93Q poke fun at mcgrady making a joke about mcgrady being out 3 to 4 after an ear injury during a phone interview.

when a country station is making fun of a basketball player, you know its really bad. i relate country more to football and baseball more than basketball.