1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Funk Tucker Carlson

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Mar 11, 2021.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'll be honest with you. My experience with women in the military is extremely small. We hardly ever worked with females outside a small FET unit(female engagement team) that would only come with us on census patrols to engage with the local female population were we know the route is safe and aren't expecting any engagements.

I'll be also honest with you. Most men in infantry have a very bad misogynistic opinion of women in the military and think they don't belong in direct combat units.

Nook, TWS1986, mdrowe00 and 1 other person like this.
  2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I feel like saying they don’t belong in the military and direct combat units are different things. Heck, we don’t even have females in the NBA. War is war. It’s not a game of discrimination etc. again you can have women serve not in direct combat without issue but I don’t think anybody is thinking about sending a pregnant woman with to storm beaches

jiggyfly and fchowd0311 like this.
  3. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    Has anyone every met a true believer liberal who is not neurotic and angry at the world? The American Liberal walks around angry at anyone who disagrees with them. What's so hilarious is that it manifests itself through passive-aggressive rage. It's all bottled up and only leaked out drip by drip with their tiny micro-aggressions. Can you imagine living your life this way? Wow.

GOOD DAY

ball4life66, JumpMan and Astrodome like this.
  4. fchowd0311

It's an issue that I have a difficult time chosing a side with. We had a somewhat bad experience with our female engagement team. They would wear the minimum loadout with just M4, plate carrier and a light day pack and still were falling back not keeping up with the pace we were walking. For a couple we had to carry their day packs so they could finish the hike back to the fob and this was with us dudes carrying 240s, SAWs, or 20 40mm grenades strapped around us. If we experienced contact in that situation it would have been very compromising so my experience might be biased due to that bad experience.

Are there women who are fit enough to handle the load of a infantryman and still conduct fire and maneuver drills under that level of stress and fatigue? Yes. But is there enough were the ratio of men to women wouldn't be absurd where it might create a toxic environment in a 7 month deployment that is conducive to horrible things like sexual assault? Doubt it.

If there are enough women were the ratio is high enough for a strength in numbers amongst the women, I'm for it but you have to find enough that meet the physical requirements to be a grunt.

One thing I'm sure of though is Tucker Carlson would have been a total b**** in a grunt unit.

#24 fchowd0311, Mar 11, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
    Nook likes this.
  5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

fchowd0311 likes this.
  6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Nook, KingCheetah, Andre0087 and 6 others like this.
  7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Oh... the irony

Nook, Blatz, Phillyrocket and 2 others like this.
  8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

9. fchowd0311

I would also like to add that occupations outside of direct combat occupations are still extremely important and can be as dangerous in certain situations and there are thousands of women who sacrifice a lot for our armed services and Tucker Carlson is a little b**** who couldn't do most of the work they do and should shut his mouth as he has no experience on the subject matter.

Nook, jiggyfly and mdrowe00 like this.
  10. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

So this guy has been on CNN, MSNBC and Fox...

He's been a Democrat, Libertarian and now a Republican...

Sounds to me like someone is looking for something that will stick.... He doesn't carry anything but the money...

T_Man

TWS1986, Andre0087 and mdrowe00 like this.
  11. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Nook, B-Bob and fchowd0311 like this.
  12. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Biden said we finally will be about to spend July 4th with friends and family.

Tucker freedom outrage reach new level: how dare you tell us who we can spend July 4th with!

ROCKSS and jiggyfly like this.
  13. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I remember speaking with a purple heart recipient from Vietnam that was offended that Woman weren't considered combat veterans since the women at the hospital unit that treated him were attacked and had casualties and faced enemy fire the exact same as he did when he was on patrol. He said they knew they faced that danger and served honorably.

He said refusing to identify them as combat troops was Bull****. I beleive they've volunteered for active duty and proven they can fulfill those duties.

I hope others come around to the way of thinking of the old man who was wounded as a soldier back in the 60s. Enough time has passed. We should be there by now.

BigDog63, Nook, jiggyfly and 2 others like this.
  14. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

My goodness, even Trader Jorge is falling into the lazy minded trap of just mindlessly repeating buzz words like “cancel culture”. This is Murcia. If Tucker says dumb crap on TV, in Murcia it’s the people’s right to criticize and pile on. Surely you’re not trying to abrogate the free speech rights of Muricans. (Abrogate means to limit or cut off).

mdrowe00, B-Bob and Buck Turgidson like this.
  15. Rileydog

Has anyone ever met a Trumper who believes in science or facts, who gives a crap about other people, who actually denounces the racist domestic terrorists that support Trump, who denounces Q anon, who isn’t angry about being criticized for being a trumper, who never ceases to view themselves as a victim? What’s so hilarious is that it manifests itself in the volume of idiotic condescending posts, written to attempt to convey some sense of superiority, yet entirely lacking in substance or wit? It’s not particularly bottled up and comes out in great volume with their large macro aggressions. Can you imagine living this way? Wow.

FranchiseBlade and VooDooPope like this.
  16. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

I think what's interesting is that liberals, once the independent thinking counter-culture types, are now accepting literally everything the mainstream media feeds them without even questioning it. Tucker Carlson is one of the last voices on TV that has the courage to truly speak out against the insane liberal groupthink that now dominates our media. Liberals are so programmed by the media that they no longer think for themselves - they just mindlessly accept what they are told. Free-thinking conservatives are now the bad guys, apparently, because liberals literally cannot comprehend how someone could not share their viewpoint. What an amazing turn of events.

I'll choose free speech and freedom of thought over the divide & control media state and cancel culture. Every time.

ball4life66 likes this.
  17. Rileydog

You are ducking the point. Tucker spoke. Oooh, so courageous. People are criticizing. Both are free speech.

And the trope about mainstream media programming liberals is hilarious in general, but particularly in this context. Nobody needs media or anything to see that Tuckers statements were idiotic.

It is the same lame card that Trumpers played over and over. Trump says something idiotic (like Tucker did here), gets lambasted by anyone with half a brain, and Trumpers claim all the trump critics are just following mainstream media blindly. This card is like duct tape. Super glue. The tool for all jobs.

you say something stupid, you get dog piled. It’s pretty simple.

FranchiseBlade, mdrowe00 and B-Bob like this.
  18. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Do you support Colin Kaepernick's freedom of speech? Natalie Maines?

FranchiseBlade, Nook and mdrowe00 like this.
  19. fchowd0311

Seeking attention is a sign of narcissistic behavior and parents that were neglecting. I'm sorry about your childhood.

Nook likes this.
  20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Why are we even in Murcia! I am not there.

Valencia is tolerable. Barely.

Murcia? No thanks imma get back on the tren.

See you in Madrid