1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Funk Tucker Carlson

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Mar 11, 2021.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I disagree with Mitt Romney. I disagree with Liz Cheney. I disagree with Amash. I disagree with them on economic policy etc.

But I don't think any of them are evil. There is a difference between cordial disagreement over economic issues and policy and disagreeing that people like me or my parents are replacing white people in America and should be stopped. And if you think I'm strawmanning Tucker's position on white replacement rhetoric, just type "Tucker Carlson White replacement" on a YouTube search and you can see his rants from his own mouth regarding the subject matter and you can understand why mere cordial disagreement with that type of rhetoric spreading isn't suitable unless you agree which then I will not cordially disagree with you.

Nook and mdrowe00 like this.
  2. DonatelloLimestone

Yea its an interesting thing that he says these people are inheritly different than americans in values so there fore will change this into a socailist country...while at the same time he denounaces any issues of race saying that is divisive and that people should be judged on the merit of their actiosn and minds, not be confined to a race...but then judges those same new minorities that they can't possibly be capitalist as immigrants and will ruin this country...

have you guys met real immigrants? Not the xj13 gang that trump and tucker are selling as the face of immigrants

I'm talking about these indiad dudes in the gas stations and fast food restaurants...they just hustle. They come in, work extra, work hard, they stay open during weather issues, they litearlly are here to do what americans should, make a better life for thesmelevs and take advantage of our opportunity

go look at the asians too..work hard as hell, put their down

anyone like fruits and vegetables?Go to any god damn farm, its hispanics who are villified working for wages that no american born person would in a situation adn climate that no american born person would

have they seen who applies for those temporary immigrant visas because no americans will take those jobs? LOL Trump hotels. And then they richly go and talk down to those very people and say we need this bc americans wont take those jobs, the irony can't be lost here.

Further more on the farm subsidies that right wing and left wing prop up towards soy and corn, and the american farmer barely makes good margins now even as its propped up financially with subisdies and their model doesnt work bc they cant even pay a living wage to function with taht too!

But this stuff is rinsed and repeated, you dont even have togot nazi germany. go see when other white immigrants were coming from italy and europe, they had **** thrown at him as they were messing things up

ironic that the capitalistic competition makes best dont want competition apparently

most immigrants I have met seem to especialyl love america, not in a i brough shorts and drape my flag over my orange burning back and scream about go aamerica, but they seem to embody the hustle, grit, drive, and dreams that america is a place of opportunity and if you work your tail off you can hustle out some goods here better tahn most places in the world

B-Bob, Rileydog and fchowd0311 like this.
  3. edwardc

edwardc Member

IMO he is a waste of air the way i see it and as for 45 history will show me for whom he is a crook and liar.This made the rounds yesterday about carson i totally agree with this guy.
    https://www.thewrap.com/tucker-carlson-confronted-by-montana-man-video/

B-Bob likes this.
  4. edwardc

edwardc Member

5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

pretty damn funny

Gioan Baotixita likes this.
  6. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

In keeping with the thread title...

[​IMG]

fchowd0311 likes this.
  7. edwardc

edwardc Member

8. CCorn

CCorn Member

9. fchowd0311

Hmm I'm trying to find legislation that helps everyday people like first responders that Tucker tried to help pass for this comparison to work.

For some reason when Jon Stewart says stuff I believe he's sincere while I believe Tucker is purely pandering. That's just the impression I get due to the actual activism Stewart does while the Swanson heir seems to just be in it for himself.

10. DonatelloLimestone

I agree with teh guy too. Just bc I think he makes some good points, his whole spheel of population control and then his totally different post when he describes obama and trump when the situation is describing them doing the same thing shows a lot.
    That said, I don't believe anyone should confront or go gat them in public with their family.

11. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

12. edwardc

edwardc Member

That was awesome luv the way Jon handled tucker.

AleksandarN and FranchiseBlade like this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

Tammy Duckworth is a conservative nightmare...... and she won't shut up.... and you know how some conservatives feel about opinionated liberal women.

B-Bob and FranchiseBlade like this.
  14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's harder to find a more certain truth.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

Tucker Carlson is very interesting from a political and sociological perspective. He isn't as "in your face" or obvious as Trump or other cults of personality. He is very good at riding the line... and he has the potential to be quite politically effective if he decides it is worth it. He knows how to tap into the psyche of a large group of Americans and knows what there insecurities and concerns are and can mask rhetoric very effectively.

He has an odd need for masculinity, but in particular veiled terms... not the meathead type.... but he goes about it with his flannel shirts, and his beige hunting jackets.... and he spins this idea of an idealized America under attack... and he is an expert of passive aggressively saying things, and then being able to walk them back and claiming that isn't ACTUALLY what he said.

The left should be worried about him if he decides running for office is worth it to him. He would take some moderates and independents with him... and would likely still appeal enough to the poorer white conservatives.

He is the "man of reason" that perhaps alludes to some controversial or racist/xenophobic positions... but both tells the viewer maybe the positions are NOT that extreme.... and if that doesn't work, he can walk it back by claiming he never directly claimed ownership of any such position, just discussed them.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. fchowd0311

Him bootlicking Viktor Orban is especially worrisome. The dude is straight up bootlicking foreign autocrats all under the same idea of "preserving western society".

B-Bob, Nook, mdrowe00 and 1 other person like this.
  17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I can't stand that resting b**** face mug Tucker has that other idiot personalities like Cuomo took in "to look serious."

18. CCorn

CCorn Member

it’s comical that people like Don Jr and Tucker dress like blue collar Americans when we know they don’t know how to change a flat tire.

#239 CCorn, Aug 13, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2021
    mdrowe00, Nook and B-Bob like this.
  19. CCorn

CCorn Member

Although I imagine if @MojoMan had a flat he would just throw political cartoons at it until his mother came to pick him up.

Rashmon likes this.