1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fun times in Dallas

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Carlisle is a fine coach. Fitting Rondo into any team, including this Mavs team, is just a huge challenge. Rondo's talent used to be so great that he could overcome his deficiencies, but he does not have the same talent anymore.

2. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Carlisle is an overrated coach. Wouldn't give over the reigns to Jason Kidd. When he finally did, the Mavs won a championship (because of great chemistry between Dirk, Terry, with Kidd running the show). Ever since then, not much has happened. Before then, not much was happening with the Mavs either as the Kidd trade was being laughed at.

3. ceonwuka

ceonwuka Member

They were pretty dang close to beating SA last year. The man can coach, no question.

4. ApuN

ApuN Member

Agreed.

Too many people have fallen for Cubans sunshine pumping.

They were an 8th seed last year that almost beat the Spurs - big woop

Somehow that has been hyped into championship

5. J Hard

J Hard Member

A bunch of divas/douches in a diva/double city. Perfect matches.

Parsons came to mind when reading Amares quotes.

6. varughese.arun

F DALLAS!

1 person likes this.
  7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Was Parsons that much of a joker when he was with the Rockets? You guys thinking it's Parsons Amare is referring to when he is talking about the seriousness in the locker room comes as a surprise to me.

8. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I don't think it was Parsons specifically. Rather I feel like Amare is frustrated that there isn't a clear leading voice on the team (currently).

I remember Cuban saying something about how Dirk was always fretting about the composition of the squad and on court performance until they won the title (and he got married). Since then he has become much more relaxed and willing to take a step back.

I don't know if that has anything to do with this, but I'm willing to bet that Amare expected the locker room and practice to have a determined/championship feel to it instead of a "let's see what happens" attitude.

Of course all that can change as they have some solid veteran voices on the squad (Tyson Chandler, Dirk, Amare, Rondo, etc.)

That still doesn't mean it will translate to a ton of wins

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lol I think this year has hurt the "Fire Morey" more than any other, you hardly see them post anymore, maybe because all their predictions sucked. As for Amare the dude left 2M on the table to chase a ring, if he wasnt serious about winning a ring why would he do it? The knicks isnt a bad situation, they lose games but you live in NYC and have access to pretty much anything you want. Right now Dallas arent even 8th seed, they are out of the playoffs so if he was gonna sit at home anyway I bet Amare would rather have his 2M back.

Just look at how Amars has been producing, he's been their best bench player since he arrived. Too bad, but Amare thats what you get for going to the Mavs, should have joined the Rockets instead.

10. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Makes me think the Terry signing was underrated...

11. Sephkane

Sephkane Member

Yep, and it wasn't sarcasm, it was hate. His "little has gone right for Harden" comment was based solely on the 1 game suspension. But here in reality he's still putting up his MVP numbers in those three games.

HAHA I thought that was a joke tweet until I saw he really wore that costume when he said those things.

12. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Yeaaaaaahhhhhh. Except that didn't happen.

13. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>how you feel after you play the rockets and how you feel after you play the mavs <a href="http://t.co/wdNbKxKEoB">pic.twitter.com/wdNbKxKEoB</a></p>&mdash; °°° (@_illionaire) <a href="https://twitter.com/_illionaire/status/575687541300461568">March 11, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

1 person likes this.
  14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Black Jesus keeping it real.

15. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

It's McHale's fault.

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Captain Crunch

17. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Ouch. Can't argue with that though. Sure, Irving didn't play against the Rockets, but Dwight was out for us. The Mavs meanwhile had everyone available even if some of them are still banged up.

18. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LAEJiBANrhc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Amare came to Dallas thinking he is going to be set up by a Speed Demon. All he got was a flopping Dirky Diana.

He is complaining that the team looks Bad but wont even look at the Man In The Mirror.

P.Y.T. is getting on his nerve and Cuban keeps telling him to leave her alone because the girl is his.......while refusing to admit that he gave that contract to a Smooth Criminal.

Amare clearly Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'. He keeps this up and Cuban is going to tell him to Beat It.

Oh Mavs, I Cant Stop Laughing at You. There is nothing that can Heal Your World.

Gonna sit back and enjoy this Thriller.

[​IMG]

#118 Zboy, Mar 11, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  19. Sanity2disChaos

You have skills to pay some bills! Lol

20. Sanity2disChaos

It just gets better, I love it!