1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fun times in Dallas

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

remember when everyone predicted Dallas would be better than us? LMAO

2. steady

steady Member

Nothing new; but good summary of Mavs problems.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/mavericks/post/_/id/4704967/chemistry-not-the-easiest-with-these-mavs

It might be sensationalism to say that the Mavs are facing a chemistry crisis, considering that they are 45-27. But there are unquestionably internal issues that manifest themselves in the Mavs’ maddeningly inconsistent effort.

Some within the organization suspect that Parsons’ three-year, $46 million contract is part of the problem. The theory is that it has bred bitterness -- from the moody Ellis, in particular -- stemming from the fact that the least accomplished, least experienced member of the Mavs’ starting five is paid much more than anyone on the roster other than Chandler.

3. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

Ha I mean I think he has a point. They have multiple players who have proven they step up their games on the biggest stage. Don't know about "unstoppable" but I think Monta's recent struggles and the speculated chemistry issues have made this board underrate the Mavs' chances in the playoffs.

1 person likes this.
  4. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

That's vstexas09's schtick, ride Dallas's dick. Then when they fail, act like he's joking and being ironic. He did the same thing with the Cowboys this past football season.

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I think it has more to do with the fact they rarely beat good teams and are playing at a near .500 clip over the last couple of months.

6. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

It can't be overlooked what Carlisle has been able to do in the postseason. Dallas plays driven come playoff time and guys like Aminu and Amare can step up when need be.

In my honest opinion, for Dallas to truly advance, Dirk has to compound Carlisle's coaching with his play. They can't rely and play through Monta, and something tells me that as Dirk is beginning to wind it down, he's ready to make a serious push. The Dallas team is extremely talented, and I don't think it'll be long before they gel at the right time.

As for matching up with them, coaching is key. What kind of Rockets team will we see in the playoffs? Everyone was excited about playing Portland in the first round last year, and we laid an egg. What's to say the same thing won't happen against Dallas?

What Les said earlier this year is so true...we are contenders, but if we don't make it out of the first round, it wouldn't be all that surprising. We're competing in one of the most historically competitive conferences in all of sports.

Don't get me wrong; I hate Dallas as much as the next guy. Dallas fans think they stole a star in Parsons and I would love nothing more than to avenge the 2005 playoffs, but I truly think they'll be a tough matchup. All our games with them were extremely close, and at the same time, I would hate to lose to them in the first round out of all the teams.

7. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

19-23 against .500 teams (1.5 games below Clippers)
    7-8 in the division (0.5 games better than SA)
    24-20 in conference (1 game worse than SA)
    26-20 since the Rondo trade
    5th best point differential in the conference

Not world beaters by any stretch of the imagination, but they aren't a team that should be overlooked if we pull them in the first round*.

*- Although nothing would be sweeter than avenging them for 04-05

8. MadMax

Of course they're not a bad team. They're a playoff team in extremely deep conference.

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Bad players bring bad chemistry.

They were pretty good before rondo came along

10. HRox832

HRox832 Member

[​IMG]

11. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Lets hold our breath until the first round is due before we say stuff like this...

12. Sephkane

Sephkane Member

Let's be honest with ourselves here. They're barely in the playoffs due to a couple of key injuries.

Yes it's a deep conference, but let's not pretend there are 8-10 elite teams in this conference and Dallas is in the playoff picture because it has so much success against those elite teams.

I understand that some of you are panicky, it's natural and you'd be panicky of any team on a collision course with us in the 1st round. Just replace Dallas with the Spurs, or the Clippers, or the Grizzlies, Portland, GSW, New Orleans... WHATEVER, and you'd be just as panicky about them. It's natural to feel this way and for some teams it's deserving. Truth is, though, the Rockets will beat themselves before the Mavs do.

13. MadMax

I'm with this. You have to take care of business. No doubt. It's on you to show up. But if you bring your game, there's no team pinned to go to the playoffs from the West that should be scared of the Dallas Mavericks.

14. vstexas09

This x 10000

15. MadMax

Dude stop being so scared of everything. You're right..if the Rockets don't show up, they're capable of losing to anyone in this conference.

But if they bring it, the Mavs should be hella more scared of us than we are of them.

16. Sephkane

Sephkane Member

Yes. And if Harden comes in with the confidence he has had all year, I think the team will follow. And Dwight's new found revelation can only help.

17. vstexas09

Hahaha. Not scared at all bro, but pretty excited for this team and this year's playoffs. This truly feels like a year we can go far; I'm just writing on the importance of not overlooking an opponent and trying to find a favorable matchup in the first round.

We split the season series with the Blazers last year and beat them in some close games, yet everyone wanted to play them. But let's be real, as a Houston fan, it would be devastating to lose to the Mavs in the first round after they tried to sabotage our offseason. I would not want them to have the last say this year especially coming off a great year. If we lose to them, it's like saying Cuban won again. I'm just eager to shut that team and those fans up!! :grin::grin:

18. MadMax

I hear ya....just stop sounding like a coward.

The Rockets match up far better with this year's Mavs than last year's Blazers. The Mavs are floundering right now. They're chum in the water. Are they capable of being more than that??? of course. But I can't think of a team in the West I'd rather face.

I have a friend who is a huge Dallas fan and is on sports talk radio there. Even he isn't a believer. There's something wrong with them...very wrong.

Of course I don't want to lose to Dallas...and I promise you, those guys don't want to lose to Houston. But they're going to.

1 person likes this.
  19. Lightsnowaction

This Rockets team reminds me of the 2011 Mavericks team when they had a ton of injuries, the JET, great defense and chemistry, recent struggles getting out of the first round, being the 3rd seed (almost 2nd), national media counting us out, and an MVP too.
    Feels like this is our year, not GS or LeBron's.
    Need to get healthy first.

20. Chamillionaire

I want them in the 1st round. Do not want Clippers.