1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

FSSW "black out" games

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketball4Life, Oct 28, 2005.

1. Rocketball4Life

I live in the Conroe area and have not been getting the home games during the pre-season. I have heard that Cox communications has decided not pick up the home games on FSSW but will show the road ones.

I called Cox to confirm this crap and possibly purchase NBA League Pass to get around the dilemma only to find out that those same games are blacked out on league pass as well for my viewing area! :mad: :mad: :mad:

My only option now is going dish. Does anyone know if the black out rules that are effecting the cable out here apply to satellite? The season opener is in 5 days and im running out of time. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

2. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I don't think the home games would be blacked out with Dish....I'm pretty sure that's just an issue with Cox cable. I remember Uprising b****ing a lot about them blacking out games.

3. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. It sounds like they're just TRYING to be jerks. crazy.

4. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

You should call the Rockets broadcast department. Joel Blank is the director of broadcasting. They need to know about that kind of stuff because they may want to discuss it with Cox to find out why they would do that.

5. BJE

BJE Contributing Member

I have Dish Network and live in Austin. I am "blacked out" on NBA League Pass whenever the Rockets play San Antonio whether it's in Houston or San Antonio. Dish told me it's an NBA rule because San Antonio is designated Austin's home team even though Austin is 85 miles away. Totally sucks, because I'm a Rocket fan. The only thing I can do when that happens is go to FOXSW or hope the game is on TNT.

6. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

I have DISH and I'm told FSN Houston games will be on channel 445 (since Dish doesn't seem to carry FSN Houston). They aren't going to carry the pre or postgames just the gametime slot.

Interestingly TIVO doesn't seem to index 445 on Dish in Houston - so we might have to manually be there to record them.

If you have the local channel package you can get channel 51 on Dish which does index on TIVO for those games they carry.

7. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

And he continues his b****ing! :)

COX CABLE SUX!

get Satelite, and you can watch all the games

See my sig.

8. RocDreamer

RocDreamer Contributing Member

I live in Austin and the last game against NO was "blacked out" on FSSW for me. But I do have League Pass and it was showing on League Pass.

9. The Ming Dynasty

The Ming Dynasty Contributing Member

One of my friends hates them so much he makes his checks out to COCKS Cable each month since. :D

Interestingly enough, he said they've always cashed them.

10. jw1144

jw1144 Contributing Member

Is there anyone here who lives outside Houston but uses a Dish with a Houston address? I would like to know if that works well. For example, since the Dish signal is for Houston stations and you are not in Houston, does that make for a crappier reception?

Also, in general, do people who have Dish have many problems with weather interfering with their signal?