1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

FSN HD on Dish Network?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nice Rollin, Oct 22, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Member

Dish Network's service sucks. They dont pick up the phone and their website is not helpful

My questoin is, How do you get FSN HD?
    I dont see it listed here:
    http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/our_products/dish_hd/programming/index.shtml

Does FSN HD come with one of the HD packages or do I have to order that separately? I forgot to ask the guy. I figured i'd probably get a faster answer here....

I've been rollin with the orginal HD package from dish network for about 4 years now. It's only 4 channels: TNTHD, Discovery, HDNET, and ESPNHD. I'm FINALLY having a guy come out on Saturday to upgrade my dish to get more HD channels. My new TV comes in Thursday or Friday. Cant wait. Lets go rockets...

2. mrdave543

mrdave543 Member

I have dish network and I do have FSN HD, to be honest I am not sure what package I have. I have the one with all HD channels....probably not much help for you but thought id try

3. tbplayer22

tbplayer22 Member

The people at godish.com are pretty nice. I called them up and they told me that if I have FSN and I have the HD channels then when there is a game broadcast on that channel in HD that it would show it in HD. Otherwise it would be standard.

4. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Member

yeah i have dish and i get FSN HD...since i order their fsn/comcast sports network package i get all their fsn hd channels (though pretty much every pro sports game is blacked out)

the fsn hd channels are all like like 360-390 or so.

their hd package is great i have a boat load of hd channels and they keep adding them on.

5. JaWindex

JaWindex Member

on the bottom of that page, it says this:

"Your home-town sports - now in HD! Click here for availability of your Regional Sports Network in high definition."

6. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Member

oh i just saw that.....

You must subscribe to a minimum of America's Top 100 and DishHD to qualify.....i qualify. hopefully that means i'll get it.

7. sjackson0

sjackson0 Member

For the guys that have Dish Network.....Do you ever have problems getting Rocket games? My father-inlaw lives in Stafford and said he has problems getting the games. Now he might didn't know about altenate channels (he claims he does) but I was wondering.

I'm about to toss my cable company to the curb and wanted to know if Dish Network users had any issues view ALL the games.

8. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Member

The only problem I could think of is if the game is listed twice on the alternate channel.
    For example on channel 445 you'll see Rockets vs. Cavs, but it will be blacked out because it's FSN OHIO...If you scroll down to 448 you'll see Rockets vs Cavs again, and that one will work, because it's FSN Houston. I think it's pretty stupid that they put the games on the Alternate channels...Ive made the mistake of setting the blacked out channel to record. Then i come home pissed off cuz i missed the game...

9. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!
    Supporting Member

Just signed up with Dish, and almost blew a gasket when the FSN HD channel was blank and I couldn't find the Rockets game Saturday. Turns out that they had it on 'alternate sports' channel 450, which I found a few minutes later. :)

10. aeroman10

aeroman10 Member

I thought none of the pre-season games are being shown on FSN HD.
    You sure yours was in HD?

11. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!
    Supporting Member

No, it wasn't in HD- but the regular FSN just shows in HD. If the games aren't in HD, they put them on an 'alternate' channel. :)

12. sjackson0

sjackson0 Member

Thanks...that really helps.

I think I might toss my cable box out on 610 after all

13. CoolGuy

CoolGuy Member

I dont believe FSN is in the America's Top 100, can someone correct me if im wrong.

14. JaWindex

JaWindex Member

When ordering regular channels, FSN is not included in the lowest tier (Top 100). I believe its the same way with HD.

15. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Member

16. CoolGuy

CoolGuy Member

Question for everyone....I'm signing up for Dishnetwork and I have two TV's, one is HD, and one is regular. I know Dishnetwork has a HD DVR receiver that can be used on up to two tv's. Can i use this one reciever on both my hd tv and my non hd tv, or will i have to get two separate receivers? getting a second non hd receiver is an extra $5.

Thanks in advance...

17. Dave2000

Dave2000 Member

yea, the HD Reciever only supports one HD TV if I recall. I have one in the living room thats connected to the HDTV and its hooked up to my parent's TV, non HDTV

btw, for those that get the Rockets games on "Alternate" channels, do yall get the repeats? cause i sure don't :(

18. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Member

i get fsnhd now. just in time :D