1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hot Deal Frontier has cheap one way rates

Discussion in 'Hot Deals and Classifieds' started by donkeypunch, Jun 23, 2015.

1. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Flyng out of IAH: One way trips

To Denver- $39

To Philly- $59

To Phoenix- $59

To San Fran- $89

3 people like this.
  2. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

3. le081488

le081488 Member

See none out of iah

4. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

Sounds like spirit. But spirit is very up front about their fees. For short flights spirit was fine. Went to KC for about $150 round trip for 2 ppl.

Also when a review includes "that black lady..." That automatically voids it for me. Sounds like most ppl didn't do their due diligence on frontier.

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Monica W's review seems legit though. Plus I'd like to get to know Monica W.

1 person likes this.
  6. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Thinking about taking my family to Philly. My 8 year old really wants to go on a plane, and only $29 from ATL. Great chance to visit a city I've never been to, plus we could detour into NYC (also something my son really wants to do), and we could also go the other way and stop by DC/Baltimore. Too bad flights for DC are $20 more per person. Still, $80 will be worth it to leave from DC rather than go back to Philly to fly out of there.

7. donkeypunch

Be careful about the carry on baggage though. Upon reading reviews and deciphering their website, they only allow one small carry on bag free, a small bag like a laptop bag. I would say if you take your family, pack a single bag for multiple people and check it in online, seems to be cheaper than checking it in at the counter. They seem to be very unclear about their fees, which is a shady turnoff. Read other poeples reviews and educate yourself. This really does seem to be a shotty airline company.

The crazy thing is that they used to be pretty decent. A buddy of mine used to fly them to Denver all the time. It was just until recently, they changed CEO and have gone the ultra economical route that holds no bars when it comes to public perception and charging fees.

Ive already booked since 6/24 was the last day to book out of IAH and it was somewhat a rushed decision, but for $120 plus some bag fees, its still a hell of a deal. Not sure if Id book them again after reading about them though. I'll find out soon enough

8. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I booked our trip. I'm checking one bag, and we'll each have a backpack as our personal item, no carry-on. I'll measure each one to make sure they meet the specifications.

I paid to select my seats, since I want to make sure my family sits together, which was the only fee that sucked. There was no seats taken on the way out, so it may have been unnecessary, but didn't want to risk it.

9. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Frontier switched to the same ultra low cost model that Spirit uses. For all intents and purposes, the same rules apply. They operate with the same fee rules.

Specifically, you'll have to pay to pick your seats, pay for carry on bags larger than a backpack, pay to check in at the check in desk (but kiosks are still free) etc..

I use Spirit and Frontier all the time. The problem with both of them are when flights get cancelled. They do not re-book customers onto other airlines. If your flight gets cancelled you'll get booked onto the next available flight on Spirit or Frontier. That sometimes means waiting for days if future flights are already booked or you can get a refund (which is generally worth very little since the tickets are so cheap).

Other than that, just know the rules in advance. Also there are other weird quirks with Spirit. Bags have a weight limit of 40 lbs (when the usual weight is 60) and they require you to check in earlier than other airlines. (again avoided by checking in online or early at a kiosk)

Also with Spirit, ALWAYS buy your tickets at the airport. You get a substantial discount. I've gotten penny tickets before at the airport before. Flew from Minnesota to Dallas for 1 penny each way (came out to $24 total for the whole trip due to taxes)

10. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

I flew frontier roundtrip to San Francisco 2 weeks ago and had zero issues. People like to complain for no reason. The flight was on time, legroom was comparable to southwest and they maintain their A319s pretty well. Even with all the added fees, the ticket was still $200 cheaper than the next cheapest.

I've also flown Spirit a few times with absolutely no issues. Everyone kept telling me my flight would be canceled or delayed about 4-5 hours, but we took off earlier and landed ahead of schedule each time. The legroom is cramped, but that was expected. I just don't understand what people expect from a budget airlines.

11. donkeypunch