1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Front Office Sports] Nets and Rockets have a "verbal agreement” on Harden trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by _RTM_, Nov 17, 2020.

1. riko

riko Member

Yep.. We know Harden is pretty moody as it is and can pout which effects his play in spots so imagine him being like this period?

It will just shrinks his total value period.

2. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Why didn't the Rockets go after Oubre or Beal? Harden should be able to net those guys....what is wrong with our GM?

D-rock likes this.
  3. riko

riko Member

With what assets?

D-rock likes this.
  4. Boston84

Boston84 Member

right but what I’m respectfully saying is he’s not playing hardball. It’s not a deal breaker if they lose harden, at all. You can make the same argument that pairing Tatum with harden actually stunts Tatums development ( I don’t). You also assume that’s it’s end all be all for James harden or bust. As I said beal will be on the trade market within 12 months and will prob be much more open to staying than harden.

It’s also not correct to assume that the Celtics window is closed or closing- it’s in fact the opposite, their window to contention rests right with Tatums development and to a smaller extent browns but most def both. The rationale fans like myself aren’t frustrated at all really, trading for AD (rental) who would leave in a year was smart.

passing on kawhi who left a title team for LA like everyone predicted was smart. While I want harden and agree the pairing of him and tatum is great by no means are the Celtics backed into a corner or a treadmill team, when it’s 2 best players are 23 & 22.

Jayzers_100, blahblehblah and D-rock like this.
  5. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Who says we didn't ?

6. riko

riko Member

I wouldn’t mind signing Taj Gibson now that he is waived if Harden is back. He can play the 4/5 off the bench behind Tucker and Woods

Patience, Cstyle42 and Shark44 like this.
  7. Boston84

Boston84 Member

Also I worry about a nets super team with KD kyrie harden....an embiid harden pairing while is very good- it’s not unbeatable and I’ll take my chances. I’m much rather prefer and hope he goes to Philly. The nets will be a problem for the league imo

D-rock likes this.
  8. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Agreed that the rockets won't be setting any precedents. Teams have capitulated numerous times to trade demands from nba stars in the past.

But the question is, what happens if the offers for Westbrook and harden is just simply not good enough.

If I'm the rockets, I'm not trading harden if no team offers better than what the nets offer... Regardless of hardens feelings about it.

I seriously doubt Westbrook is going to garner much and I would likewise keep him if the offer isn't good enough.

Westbrook has a good chance to increase his value with another year due simply to the nature of his contract and his low value.

Unfortunately Harden's value will likely diminish substantially the shorter his contract becomes.

raining threes and D-rock like this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

No way.

You move on.

That platter of crap is unacceptable.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

That bogus Detroit FRP of course.

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

It would have been all over local and national media if we did.

The Fertittas are not shy about this shiet, never have been.

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Every team says this now until they have to play the triumvirate of Durant-Harden-Kyrie.

The Nets would destroy EAST teams in the first half and let their bench play the rest of the game like GSW did, but much much worse.

Then all the gnashing of teeth, hair pulling and wailing about super teams will be never ending.

But for this idea of "we are good" the Celts, 76ers or Heat could have been in the driver's seat of the same car.

13. Caprah

Caprah Member

Ya got no say it’s a superstar run league

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

I could say the same to you.

You got no say, so shut up and listen.

15. Caprah

Caprah Member

What the beard wants is what he will get

16. s3ts

s3ts Member

I really wish we can stop bumping this thread. This was obviously garbage news, someone would've locked this up already 10 years ago.

Patience and D-rock like this.
  17. Boston84

Boston84 Member

to be fair I’m not sure you read my post or I did a bad job articulating myself. I know that the nets would be a huge problem. The sixers would be a very good team but beatable but again the Celtics are fine right now. Tatum is all nba at 22 & trending towards top 10 status. Brown can be a perennial all star.

Neither is harden but Tatum is very very good and a 2 way player. His development is 100% the most important thing in Boston. If they don’t trade for harden and Philly does ( the most likely outcome) I think by the time the season starts the Celtics can be a 1 seed or the 4 seed but they’d def be in the conversation with a good chance to make the finals.

this isn’t my first rodeo with super teams- I’ve lived through this w the heat as a road block, lebron in the East as a roadblock just like you all have with the warriors (as did the whole nba). The Celtics are not desperate to make any move right now, I’d like harden and be extremely happy with him but I don’t see the nets as the likely destination, it’s Philly to me. We can develop Tatum whose gonna sign a 5 year extension, develop brown whose under a long term deal and have max space in 23’ as Tatum and brown entire their prime while in the meantime having kemba and making a run or moving kemba for whatever it returns or trading brown in a package for beal.

if we didn’t have Tatum we’d be thirsty but we have him and he’s a stud so if we get harden- fantastic, I want him. If not....damn but let it be Philly.

D-rock and blahblehblah like this.
  18. Boston84

Boston84 Member

Also while there’s no doubt the nets would be a juggernaut they will not have the compatibility that those warrior teams did. Steph and Klay and KD could all dominate off ball and off screens and could just catch and shoot, run curls and come off a screen and bomb you out of the game. They were seamless.

kyrie and harden both thrive with the ball. The talent will win out and they’ll be amazing but it won’t be the warriors. Those guys fit perfectly AND had selfless mindsets that put the team 1st.

19. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Agreed. The sixers are the favorites aside from houston to be where Harden plays next season. While there's always a chance he joins Durant and irving, I just don't see the rockets accepting that pupu platter of an offer.

Frankly I'd be surprise if boston would offer tatum OR brown for Harden. The danger of harden leaving after two seasons and leaving the team bereft of talent and picks, with only tatum and an old kemba is real. No way Ainge takes that risk.

Ainge has already seen that happened to his team just last year. Its likely he is even more gunshy than ever as a result.

D-rock and Boston84 like this.