1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Front Office Sports] Nets and Rockets have a "verbal agreement” on Harden trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by _RTM_, Nov 17, 2020.

1. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Essentially Harden's only path to the Nets for now is if there is a third team involved and the Nets' convince another team to take their players (Spencer, Caris) for another young star to funnel to the Rockets and the Nets also include an infinite amount of unprotected picks to the Rockets (the Rockets would need to demand 10 FRPs IMO, 5 given, 5 switches). The reasoning for 10 FRPs is knowing that the Nets will likely be competitive with Harden for at least three more years, so those first 6 picks would likely be outside of the lottery.

That's a tall order for Brooklyn.

Any idea who Spencer/Caris/Allen could actually net around the league? I almost feel that is nobody worthwhile for the Rockets, but I guess I am just not thinking outside of the box.

#281 ElPigto, Nov 18, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
  2. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

That’s why if I’m stone, I’m telling Brooklyn “ you think your package is worth James Harden? Take that same package of players and let me know what the offers are. If you can get multiple unprotected first round picks and an elite young player for those guys, come back and let me know. We’re not interested in those players for James Harden.”

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

https://nypost.com/2020/11/17/nets-lack-of-star-assets-may-squash-hopes-of-james-harden-deal/

D-rock, Ramo$e and Crashlanded19 like this.
  4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So why would they be bridesmaids every season if Jaylon Brown is this budding superstar?

5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Thats a team in the west hoping to be in the top 4.

Why would Utah Trade Mitchell for 3 not lottery picks.

Why would Utah implode?

6. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Why would Houston all of a sudden be in this predicament with Harden and Westbrook?

Why would the LA Clippers not even make it to the WCF last year?

Things happen and can occur without us ever seeing any signs. My point was that we acquire as many picks as possible to keep the asset/powder keg dry. You just don't know what can happen. Like how Dallas went and got Porzingis a couple of years back.

D-rock likes this.
  7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So you don't actually have any answers to my questions and are just throwing questions back.

Porzingis was hurt and not as good as Mitchell and Dallas had better assets than the Celitics picks.

So it seems you are not being realistic about actual trades and how they work.

Yes I do know what can happen and this is something that cannot happen.

8. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

If Brooklyn actually offers LeVert, Dinwiddie, and Allen plus first round picks....that's actually not as bad as some people here are making that deal. I remember when Scottie Quitten forced his way out of here about 20 years ago and the players we got back from Portland were nowhere near as talented as these players from Brooklyn.

I like Harden...I really do but the best chance we had at winning the title was the first year that CP3 was here and then hurt his %$#@ hamstring against the Warriors in the WCF. Since then, I just don't see us winning a title with Harden.

9. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I don't know who pissed in your cereal this morning but arguing the validity of a hypothetical scenario I put out there in a thread about another hypothetical scenario isn't something I'd like to continue. So if you want me to say, "Congrats, you're smarter than me at determining the future and what is or is not reality" then here it is: Congrats, you're smarter than me at determining the future and what is or is not reality.

D-rock, s3ts, calurker and 1 other person like this.
  10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Why does somebody have to have pissed in cereal for me to point out how unbelievable that trade scenario is?

11. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Do you not understand how trades work? An NBA team will never receive comparable immediate production for a perennial MVP candidate in their prime. So, when your superstar asks out, you either hold him until his contract expires and hope to repair the relationship, or you trade him for a young franchise cornerstone and picks that can become the core of your next great team. No contending team is going to give up their own superstar in their prime for Harden. They want to add him to that player.

The Celtics would hang up the phone in two seconds if Stone asked for 22-year-old Tatum in a 31-year-old Harden trade, and Stone would do the same if the roles were reversed.

The only reason Philadelphia would consider moving 24-year-old Ben Simmons is he struggles to coexist with Embiid on the floor, and Simmons still can’t shoot after three seasons in the league. Simmons is the best player the Rockets can potentially get in a Harden trade.

Jaylen Brown is an all-star caliber player already and only 24. For the Rockets to find their next superstar if they do decide to embrace a rebuild, Silas will either have to unlock playmaking ability in Brown or the Rockets will have to get and hit on high-lottery picks.

#291 DVauthrin, Nov 18, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
    D-rock and YOLO like this.
  12. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

13. ksny15

ksny15 Member

BS because there isn’t anything Brooklyn can offer that even comes close to what Phili can or has

BHannes2BHonest and D-rock like this.
  14. treyk3

treyk3 Member

read that dude's feed, he's ****ing wild. obsessed with the governor of California.

Brooklyn has nothing to get Harden unless they can turn LeVert + Dinwiddie into Ben Simmons and trade us every single pick they have + Jarret Allen.

https://tradenba.com/trades/AFIHHalg-

This trade is legal now with the new TPE from Philly.

PJ goes into the TPE.

D-rock and Ramo$e like this.
  15. riko

riko Member

There has to be a third team involved. I can’t see any of the contenders in the east trying to help the Nets become arguably the best offensive team since the Warriors.

It’s either a weak eastern team needing picks or a young piece like LeVert and sending us what we need. It could be a western team trying to help get rid of Harden to go to the east and weaken the Rockets

16. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Micheal Porter Jr from the Nuggets could this be a possiblity?. If the Nuggets feel they need more to contend in the west. Levert/Caris/Tucker ???

Thats about the only one i can think that would be worth the conversation. You would have to swing one Nets picks that way. Nuggets might bite, but i doubt it. Im sure this has been brought up here before.

17. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

that is why you do multi team deals ;)

D-rock likes this.
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

LOL at having a verbal agreement with the Nets. These randos on Twitter always end up playing themselves

there is nothing to verbally agree on when a trade package for Harden is being headlined by Caris Levert...

that trade gets u a “gtfoh and don’t ever disrespect me like that again” comment on the phone if offered

BHannes2BHonest, D-rock and s3ts like this.
  19. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

MPJ is not that good. Nuggets would need to send Jamal Murray with him, but the Nets players are not worth Jamal Murray, so no path with Denver as a third team.

D-rock likes this.
  20. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

If I make a Twitter will y’all take wild speculation I come up with seriously ?

BHannes2BHonest, YOLO, D-rock and 2 others like this.