1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Front Office Sports] Nets and Rockets have a "verbal agreement” on Harden trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by _RTM_, Nov 17, 2020.

1. SORF

SORF Member

Wrong area, this is the Las Vegas Strip...Tilman is Downtown Las Vegas, as in the Golden Nugget.

raining threes likes this.
  2. Boston84

Boston84 Member

makes total sense. Simmons should be who you want and I hope you guys get him and I think eventually he ends up in Philly. Under no circumstance is Boston putting in tatum.

3. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

is the verbal agreement on the 2 yard line, or will it be there by 5:45 on Tuesday?

Dacamel and No Chill Rocket like this.
  4. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

Harden for Ja Morant straight up. That kid is a rising star

Dacamel likes this.
  5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

6. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

7. riko

riko Member

Woj: Houston wants a multi team bidding war. Young all star calibrate player with multiple picks is the starting point.

Stone needs to stay strong

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

9. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

If I’m trading Harden, I’m doing so for a cornerstone young player and picks. Ben Simmons is obviously my first choice because he can make others around him better on offense, and he’s an elite defender. If he could shoot at all, he would be untouchable like Tatum is in Boston.

Jaylen Brown is a really good young player and good enough to headline a return for a superstar along with a bunch of picks. I also view Siakam similarly. Any of the three are good enough to be key building blocks for the next great Rockets’ team. If Simmons is off the table, I’d much have rather have Brown or Siakam than the garbage Brooklyn is offering. Jamal Murray and Bam Adebayo belong in the group with Brown and Siakam, too.

You have to be realistic. There’s no way the Rockets are getting a player of equal value to someone like James Harden in a trade if they decide to embrace a rebuild. Why would Boston trade a top-15 player in Tatum, who is only 22, for a 31 year old that may leave in two seasons? If the roles were reversed, the Rockets wouldn’t part with 22-year-old Tatum for 31-year-old Harden, either. For the Rockets to find their next superstar, it will either happen by having high-lottery picks or through really good player development. Rebuilding teams with high-lottery picks aren’t interested in trading for James Harden.

#269 DVauthrin, Nov 17, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
  10. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Was the verbal agreement "Give us [Rockets] what we want and we will trade you Harden"?

Want = young star [top 20?], boat load of picks (like 3 1sts [2 unprotected], 3 2nds), and cap relief....

D-rock likes this.
  11. riko

riko Member

D-rock, Rudyc281 and DrNuegebauer like this.
  12. caneks

caneks Rookie

It doesn't sound a good idea, I am afraid nets won't have any good picks in following years for trade like this. I thought I started to like what this front office's been doing, maybe I should wait a bit longer.

13. Caesar

Caesar Member

I hear what you're saying and if brown is the best i can do, I do everything I can to convince Harden to stay and honor his contract.

jiggyfly, jch1911 and D-rock like this.
  14. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Morey is in Philly now. So they might be the ones missing out...

D-rock likes this.
  15. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Possibly? Maybe they said "use your bits and pieces to get us a young star, but we don't want them"
    3rd team with disgruntled/ otherwise available star anywhere? (who might trade said star for Dinwiddie and LeVert.. lol)

jch1911 likes this.
  16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

18. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

I say start the year with Harden and let the east teams start a bidding war for the trade deadline.

houtown, jch1911 and D-rock like this.
  19. fattz

fattz Member

That was sad.
    When we trade Otis and broke up the original championship team, Yes we got Clyde Drexler.

biggest WTF moment in Rocket history is:
    Moses Malone after his MVP year
    ...for...
    Cardwell Jones & FRP

BHannes2BHonest, D-rock and Jontro like this.