1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

FRONT ING coming!....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bilaal14, Apr 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. apxn82

apxn82 Member

actually I think he's on HALO 3. After that he's going with GEAR OF WAR 2.

2. NewBigThree09

NewBigThree09 Member

I'll go with this one since it is the most effective play that we have :p :D
    Dunks/Layups every time ;)

3. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

FRONTING 101:
    Fronting is simple to cure ! Hit outside jumpers and you can front Yao all night and say hello to a lose. If you front Yao and no one is hitting outside jumper then the Rockets can say hello to a loss. You either have to hit outside jumpers or drive to the basket !

4. solid

solid Contributing Member

Correctomundo! The bottomline. Somebody is open. In the past, unfortunately, it was usually Rafer. Rockets will have wide open shots. I say Scola takes them, maybe Brooks. Ron scares me, he can easily shoot the Rockets out of the game. Go to the hot hand, maybe Wafer will be on. Then, when they come out to guard the shooters, feed Yao. This has not commonly worked because of the Rockets poor shooting.

5. AKRocketsFan

AKRocketsFan Member

Stop smoking Plastic! Yao Will Domionate! :mad:

6. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

If they front Yao, go to Artest in the post. I want to see more of Artest in the post and clear out for him...nobody can stop him!! None of the Blazers can guard Artest in the post.

7. monster

monster Member

I'd like to see Yao shooting some 15-18ft shots. If other teams come out and guard him, Scola, Landry and Artest may have some room inside. Brooks has been streaky this year but I hope he stays hot. I'm counting on Battier to be our most consistant 3pt shooter for now. Would be nice if Barry could get it going, and Wafer can keep up his aggressive play. What was the question???

8. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 Member

Are they going to make Yao smaller in size? Only certain teams can limit yao. And portland is not one of them.

9. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Hi fellow rockets fans; long time reader first time poster.OK now with the fronting now iam no coach and not a nba player but i watch and play alot of basketball.And this will be a true test of rick's coaching ability,now hear me out all the rockets have to do is high pick and roll with either brooks or wafer(must be slasher with desent jumper )and yao,if they front slash and make yao flash up top for the 18 footer that we all know yao can hit very effective ala carlos bozer.pick you poison yao beats you with the jumper or wafer/brooks beats you with the drive or the jumper.PROBLEM SOLVED :cool:

10. pollaxt

pollaxt Contributing Member

Your mother dislikes you.

That being said, fronting Yao makes scoring easier for all of the other Rockets, which is why certain teams don't like to front. Fronting leaves the paint unprotected the entire game. If Houston recognizes this and drives to the paint and shoot weakside jumpers, Yao will have a great day rebounding the ball but maybe not scoring, and we will lead the series 2-0.

11. apxn82

apxn82 Member

hahahaha....someone ban this guy! mother calling is allow here? hahahahahaha

12. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Dunno about that but go full r****d is definitely prohibited on clutchfans.
    :rolleyes:

13. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I want Landry and wafer to actually do something next game.

14. JSUB11

JSUB11 Member

[​IMG]

15. cst_chenchen

cst_chenchen Member

Yeah, Yao with 30pts and 15rebs. :D

16. icewill36

icewill36 Member

man, if the yao is fronted and the rockets struggle and lose game 2, i will definitely be nervous about the rest of the series

17. foofo

foofo Member

The fronting Yao's strategy will make lots of off reb opportunities for Scolandary!
    So the others should keep attacting the rim, if it is too hard to get the ball to yao. Yao will get the ball from off rebs anyway.

But don't shoot too many 3pts or long jump shoots!!!!!!! (Ab & Artest :mad: ) , since that will give blazers lots of fast break opportunities!!

18. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

Just about every team team that has fronted Yao has caused a problem, I don't know what some of you have watching. My guess is they will front with Aldridge possibly even a little Outlaw. As for Rick having a few tricks up his sleeve, it's about time he pulls them out cause he hasn't used them in the regular season for the fronting problems.

19. GranvilleWaders

Hey I like this idea!..If they front Yao heavy swing the ball to the other side to a posting Artest also bring Yao out even furthur (intentionally). Even if Artest misses his post shot..Yao is there for the rebound putback.

20. battousai

battousai Member

Yes fronting to Yao causes problem, however not all teams are capable and have the benefit of players that can front Yao. fronting Yao didn't beat the rockets. The rockets themselves let fronting beat them.

Take the last game with Mavs for example. They uses Brandon Bass in the last quarter to front Yao with little success. You can't use Bass the whole game as he is too short to guard plus the refs usually are more tighter on foul calls in the beginning. Toward the end they usually let it play out and that's why we see bass with some success on Yao. we lost that game due to our carelessness and turn the ball over, not playing defense, and not getting the ball to Yao. For all the games we lost while fronting happened, it usually means two things has happened. first, we are virtually tied in score. second, refs let the game play and our teams are not looking for Yao.

Game 2, portland will not front yao right away with LaMarus. they will double team or uses joel to front yao along with oden for turns. Their plan is to limit Yao's touches and hope the rest of teh rockets would go solo with them without yao. (which we do alot). Then, in the last quarter when they within striking distance or leading by few pts. totally shut down yao with fronting. when refs usually let it play. this usually means a loss to us.

The biggest problem is the team at some point will forget how to pass it to Yao. AD needs to either bench the players will went brain fart or rest Yao. if the team is not going to pass it to Yao, then why bother playing him at all.

I think AD solved that with Game 1 by inserting deke into the game. he knows once yao's out, it means that we are usually bad in defense and rebnounce. we are good in transitional offense which usually sparks by our good defense. as long as we can sustain our D, our O would be good.