1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

From one of my least favorite Astros to...

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Htown Stros, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

I think he’s surpassed Springer and Altuve becoming my favorite core player. Seriously I’ve openly talked about being willing to trade Correa, was (and still likely am but don’t even care) against paying him what he’s going to get on the open market, and was disgusted seeing him put up another subpar year after talking s*** in ST. To be clear I loved that he told everyone to STFU and backed Altuve up in ST but seeing him start hot only to look like trash again was enough for me.

But wow after talking all that sh** again after the Twins series and then coming out and doing this today? I’m still in shock. If we advance to even the ALCS and he keeps hitting, I don’t care if he leaves for the bag in NY, I will root for him the rest of his career (aside when he’s playing us).

I’ve taken so much heat being an Astros fan by dumbass Rangers fans as I live in Dallas and I have a best friend who is an actual big Yanks fan and my argument has consistently been it didn’t even help us which the stats show, but just like with everything else in this country, they soak up the media’s narrative without even considering to be open minded. Well guess what...CORREA IS OPENING THEIR MINDS NOW

I know we haven’t accomplished anything yet but today was the happiest/best feeling I’ve ever been from an Astros win outside of game 7 in LA obviously. All I kept thinking today before we won was “they really used a trash starter to snitch on us when the majority of the MLB knew and/or were also doing some version of it. I mean seriously it takes a new level of being a b*** to go this low especially just to give your nasty, trashy, dirty fans/city a chance at hanging a banner (assuming they even have money left in the budget after spending all that money on bottles of Andres and cases of PBR) in that disgusting dumpster of a stadium (side note I’ve been to 27 of the teams stadiums and this one was by FAR the worst stadium - the area was awful too. The only pros were cheap good tickets bc no one goes and free parking if you’re willing to walk a mile and risk your car being put on blocks and then sold at the ghetto tire/rim store across the street from the stadium).

Seriously, them doing this to us was the ONLY chance this team would ever SNIFF a WS title and today Carlos Correa reminded them of who they really are - cowards who paid and rostered Fiers to snitch. It’s absolutely comical they continue to lie about hiding him from us because they know he’s a loser and will get absolutely sh**!canned if he pitches against us. I will bet anyone here he doesn’t see an inning against us in a game we aren’t blowing them out or vice versa.

P.S. - I mean I get it’s hard to “cheat” yourself like all the other teams when you can’t even afford the premium internet speed package and you’re filming the game using an iPhone 6 because no one in your city actually watches the games and they never will after spending their life savings attending a couple Warriors games in the SRO section. Must be nice to not have to worry about loss of fan revenue from COVID.

2. SuraGotMadHops

Carlos 180'd in my book too. His moxie and defense of his franchise and his teammates, while backing it up with performance, has impressed the hell out of me.

3. Mattician

Mattician Member

I've tried not to get too attached to Correa because I've always thought he'd leave for a bigger market. NY, LA, etc.

I like how he sort of took on a leadership role this season with the cheating scandal drama.

I'd love to keep him if the money works.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

If he’s found the secret success to staying healthy, the Astros should attempt to retain him.

he’s a gold glove SS who raises his level of play in the playoffs. Him morphing from possible attention seeking diva to attention seeking leader/**** talker has been well recieved.

In the end, money will play... and given the big markets SS commitments, and if Houston wants to make a competitive offer, there’s a chance they can work something out. As I said before, if he and his agent play it right, they should be able to milk two big future paydays, not just one.

cmoak1982 and KelvinCato13 like this.
  5. PhiSlammaJamma

There is one additional element in the equation I think, and it is that Astros like Correa can alter their image instantly by signing in New York. They can literally flip the narrative on their career if that's important to them. In my opinion, Astros must pay Correa whatever he wants. He's the heart and soul and core of the team. Without Correa likely to fall apart quickly. He is far more important cog in the wheel than anyone here thinks. But big market teams will have more money to throw and he is very likely to get whatever he wants.

6. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

Correa’s been amazing, but if it’s a choice between Correa or Springer, I’m signing Springer who’s raised his level of play at playoff time in almost every playoff run, arguably as our best playoff hitter

jiggyfly likes this.
  7. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I have it on pretty trustworthy authority that the Astros internal brass thinks VERY highly of Carlos, and are going to do whatever it takes to keep him. Now, as always with sports, the thing I just said is true until it's not. If someone comes with a Godfather trade offer, or if the money simply stops making sense, obviously they will have to move on. But I can tell you, as of today, Astros ownership wants Correa to be an Astro for a very, very long time.

AznH-TownFan, awc713, AWIN and 2 others like this.