1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

From Hakeem to Dwight "It's Mind that Matters"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Freik, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

Fran knows what's up. Harden should have known who he was disrespecting. Fantastic article :)

2. zipcrash

zipcrash Member

[youtube]NbecIBvR3mE[/youtube]

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is an example of a true leader in rockets history.
    This is how you lead without dunks or scoring .

Clutch city

4. Hmm

Hmm Member

That may be the line that undermines Hakeem's intention....

5. houtown

houtown Member

Dwight needs to meditate to get his mind right. And James Harden also. It isn't easy being a superstar. Jordan and Kobe had their mind straight on the court, hence the genius of Phil Jackson.

6. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

elie/hakeem coaching duo next season if mchale doesn't work out

7. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

We need The Dr34m to suit up and guard Aldridge!

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

9. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

What's interesting is the focus on the two years that the rockets dug themselves out of a hole. There were many more times that we were knocked out of the playoffs - remember John Stockton...

It took Hakeem and all greats even Jordan and LeBron years of failure before succeeding.. Early in the playoffs, late in the playoffs, in the Finals etc.

What is clear is that we are young and we play young. On the other hand the Blazers have young Lillard who plays very mature basketball. And they play defense. It's going to take more than mind games to win this.

With that said, I love Hakeem and the Rockets and props for any form of encouragement right now. Poor Howard has to shoulder the defensive and offensive load. Our porous perimeter defense sets up our big guys for fouls. The Blazers know this and are exploiting this. We need Tony Allen right now.

I wonder if McHale should bring Harden off the bench to bolster the starting unit's defense. Sigh..

10. SeabrookMiglla

What hakeem said is very true. If the rockets win tonight, especially in a blow out fashion it will plant a seed of doubt in portland. Its a tall fence to climb, but it can be done.

11. queazie

queazie Member

I'm pretty sure our big man Dwight knows this well and I have been proud of him especially making those clutch free throws. I'm very impressed with his free throws!

12. jocar

jocar Member

Dream, please teach him how to pass out of the post, I don't think he knows how to yet

13. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Hakeem has turned my mentality around just by reading that. Must have Howard fired up...

14. moreyonlyfan

moreyonlyfan Member

Hakeem never needed to pass out of the post.

15. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Winning is a mindset. It's an attitude that this franchise has not had in some time. Still doesn't have. Yet.

The Dwight we have received in these playoffs excites me. Can he keep it together for the rest of the playoffs? Can he put it together for an entire season? Now that he has some experience with this squad, his new teammates, if he can do this during the regular season next year I see no reason why the Rockets shouldn't be a much higher seed going into next year's playoffs.

It turns out that the Hakeem Olajuwon training actually did him some good.

16. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

He is averaging 27 PPG, 14.2 RPG and 3.0 BPG, the guy has done an outstanding job so far in the playoffs and IMO he is the only one who seems to give **** on both ends of the floor.

Am not worried about him.

17. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

I think Dwight has done an outstanding job. Really glad we have him.

He has been CLUTCH late in the game.

Hopefully Harden will come out of that coma.

Before Game 4 I was watching a football (soccer) interview of Eden Hazard, he was saying that he wasn't worried when he had 2 or 3 bad games in a row because he knew that eventually he was going to bounce back and have great games again. I was hoping Game 4 would be that game for Harden, unfortunately it wasn't.
    Let's hope it comes because next years season opener.

18. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

So Blinebury must be afraid to approach Harden for an interview these days haha

Professional of him though not to make a fuss about it, or maybe the Rockets PR got to him before he could print anything.