1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

From a team standpoint, I hope Morey trade Howard away

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by chasingu, Feb 16, 2016.

1. chasingu

chasingu Member

I respect Howard. I know he is still a good player, but I don’t think he, and players of his style and level, can be a good championship piece.

Those top defensive centers, such as Howard, DJ of LAC and Whiteside of MIA, are always big lures. They are defensive anchoer, extremely important, but they eat too much cap space, always requiring a max contract. They worth a max deal on the market, but not on the court because they are unbalanced players who help little on offensive end as a star.

Take small ball popularity into consideration, I’d like to have a maybe-slightly-poorer center with low stardom, saving money for a high-quality PF who can stretch the floor, distribute the ball and play C in small line-up.

Actually, of recent rumors, I like Horford rumor the most.:)

2. DustinS

DustinS Contributing Member

Pretty sure we didn't need another thread for this. IBTL

3. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

What about from a non team standpoint?

5. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

And I hope Dwight doesn't get traded and instead he and Harden start playing a lot of P&R, with Dwight setting good hard picks and Harden looking for him more often. This is a scenario we as fans are waiting for three years now. Sadly it didn't materialize because not Harden nor Howard are willing to put their team first and adapt their game to get more wins.

7. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Who was little league teammates with Dwight Again?

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I would hope all of Morey's moves are from a team standpoint.

9. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

LOL!!!

That gif had me rolling...

T_Man

10. omgTHEpotential

It's a meme, not a gif. :p

11. Ns575

Ns575 Member

420rektscoped

12. Zergling

Zergling Member

13. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

from a team standpoint i hope he trades harden... HE'S the turd in the punch bowl....

c'mon the thread needed some harden hate - lol! ;)

14. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Nah bih, let the man speak.

15. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

I think there is a lot more to this than we can easily speculate on. For instance:
    1) Is it certain Howard will in fact opt-out after the season?
    2) What teams would he be willing to resign with and make at least a verbal commitment to do so?
    3) What is offered in return?
    4) If he is opting out do we just let him walk or do we wait until that happens and try to work a trade then?
    5) Do the parts potentially offered help us now, roughly wind up even or diminish our chances at the playoffs?
    6) Would losing a lot of games between now and the end of the season have any benefit next year? (I think the answer to this one is 'no', as we could only move up slightly.) Or conversely would winning a lot hurt us if we just simply got crushed in round 1? (I think this is answered too, probably doesn't hurt us much, would only move down slightly).

So many variables - many of which we at CF are not exposed to. So in this case the speculation is all very low accuracy stuff.

16. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

[​IMG]