1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[from 2014]The return of Kyle Lowry?? Espn article

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 45souf, Jan 28, 2014.

1. forty4487

forty4487 Contributing Member

poor Aaron Brooks... poor, poor Brooks

2. makio9

makio9 Member

Lowry asked to leave because he didn't get along with Kevin McHale. last time i checked kevin Mchale was still the coach. Wake up

3. Zergling

Zergling Member

I know he's expiring, but man, talk about giving the Toronto fans a HUGE FU by dealing Lowry during a very exciting season that could get them a top 4 seed. Better hope Lin returns to Linsanity with the change of scenery.

4. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

I would just like to point out that the unpleasantness involved with the departure of Lowry was miniscule compared to the unpleasantness involved with the departure of Brooks. If there was one player that absolutely would never be a Rocket again, it was Brooks. Until it happened, and there has been no drama about it at all.

1 person likes this.
  5. Yellow

Yellow Member

Never going to happen, as much as I love Lowry!

6. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

Maybe it is only a Morey rumour to put presure on Boston

7. meh

meh Contributing Member

I think people focus on the wrong areas with Lowry. Lowry was pissed that he couldn't start in Houston. Well, he won't have that problem now.

But I don't want Lowry personally. His style works best when he's reckless, and when he's reckless he's injury prone. I don't want to give him a $30-40mil contract at the end of the year. Too much injury risk.

In terms of ex-Rockets PGs, I'd much rather have Dragic.

8. hooroo

hooroo Member

brooks' trouble was over his playing form. he might have struggled, but he wasn't a locker room cancer.

in the wexler podcast i think he suggested lowry didn't want to be back after signing with the cavs. feigen had reported/tweeted how lowry was unhappy from day one of training camp.

then there was the mini coup among a few of the players who wanted to continue playing adelman's system. was martin the ringleader? amick had the inside info during his unhappy end in sac, the same in houston... i don't remember at what point martin became angry at morey but the rumor was he was extremely teed off at morey for trying to trade him after having invited morey and gersson to his wedding that offseason... it all went pear shaped.

9. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I'm gonna be in the minority and say pass!

From the deal throwin the ball at the ref to issues with McHale to just overall attitude... dudes head just aint right....

Addin Lowry's abilities to the team is very attractive - but it's fool's gold....

plus all them second rounders... THEM'S IS MOREY GOLD! ;)

10. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

If Morey pulls this off, maybe McHale will resign?? LOL

Morey will have more enemies/resentment among his ex-players and their fans than any other GM. Soon he will burn one bridge too many.

11. ColdspringX

ColdspringX Member

If we made this offer earlier in the season, prob raptors would have had bit, too late for now. I couldnt think of one reason the raptors would do it, if they just wanna tank, could simly flip Lowry for a 1st rounder straight up.

12. deshen

deshen Member

wow, 3 picks.

13. Midixinormous

Midixinormous Member

No he asked to be traded because Dragic took his starting spot and he wasn't mature enough to earn it back.

14. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Yes please, because that means we'll get rid of McHale too.

15. shlhl

shlhl Member

why toronto want to do it

why toronto want to do it since Lowry play much better lately.

16. quizone

quizone Member

should never have burned that bridge.

17. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

18. BallardLocks

BallardLocks Member

Lowry is like a combination of the pg's we have now. Lin's penetration, Beverley's defense and toughness, and AB's 3 point shooting (Lowry is 40% from the 3 this year, with 7.5 assists).

19. rockets89

rockets89 Member

you cant go wrong either way keep what you have or trade

20. ryebread

ryebread Member

It would be half-season rental. No way Lowry signs for $7-9m/yr considering the season he's having. He's turning 28 in a couple of months, he's looking for at least a 4 year deal at $10-12m/yr. That kills any chance of going after another all-star in the next 4 years. So unless you're comfortable with Howard, Harden and Lowry as your big three, why make this trade?

And Toronto would be able to get much more from other teams than Lin, Brewer and 2 2nd Rd picks. Even if you throw in Dmo, Toronto could still get more from elsewhere.

But I would love to see Lin play with Fields and Novak again. I'm sure they would too.