1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Friedman) Q&A James Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by s.b713, Sep 26, 2013.

1. s.b713

s.b713 Member

http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/qa-james-harden

2. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

Awesome. We are going to kick butt.

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

A little concerning honestly considering his new biggest teammate...I'm probably just being paranoid though.

Great to hear he wants to be the best player in the NBA. Don't think he can be but you have to aim that high to get there in the first place.

4. Jimes

Jimes Member

While I wish he had immediately mentioned needing to improve his defense when asked about how to become the best player in the league, I liked how he's coming in with a serious attitude and wanting to push everyone else to do likewise. That's stepping up to be a leader.

5. alethios

alethios Member

This concerns me - we will need him to have fresh legs later in the season. I understand great conditioning will help that, but my fear is he will get burned out at that pace.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Great thing about two superstar players is that you can take one out and leave the other in. Less pressure on each to carry the team.

I remember games for the Heat where Wade and Lebron would go out and just let Chris Bosh carry the team for a while. I think the Rockets could even do this on nights where Lin/Parsons are playing really well.

7. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Beast Mode activate.

8. domd221

domd221 Member

Does he finally have signature shoes? Or are they talking about a certain colorway of the hyperfuse or hypergamer?

9. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

It's good to know he recognizes his drop-off in defence. Some players with big ego will never admit to such things (DeAndre).

10. rokit

rokit Member

i wanna know more about this, seems like he's getting a signature.

11. gefforycook

gefforycook Member

I wonder how will JH and DH share the ball on court. This is can be a most important factor for the success of this team.

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

He mentioned Jordan, Kobe, and LeBron as winners and missed out Hakeem... smh.

And when he said some things off the court he can't do anymore as a leader, was he thinking about this:

[​IMG]

:grin:

13. domd221

domd221 Member

I really hope he has a signature shoe now. Arguably the best SG in the NBA at the moment, after a breakout All-Star season during his first year on a new team in a new role. Nike would be stupid not to jump on this, knowing how marketable Harden is with the brand he has created for himself in such a short amount of time.

14. j3i

j3i Member

I think he meant that more towards the young players like Motiejunas, Smith, Jones, Covington, etc. Beverley, though young, might actually emerge as a leader this year.

15. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Our leader has spoken

16. RocketPowerNick

Man if Lin improves, Harden plays like an MVP, and Dwight is healthy, we will have a tremendous/sensational team. Potential dynasty

17. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

He's getting his own shoes? Must knoooowwww

I like that he will be looking to improve his defense. Championship here we come

18. afk

afk Member

I feel as though Harden was unprepared last year (Harden trade before season began, and mostly conditioned as a sixth man) and still got the results we have seen last year. I can't wait to see what he can become with the proper conditioning this season.

Hell, I can't wait to see how the team plays out now that we have our major players ready for training camp AND preseason.

I wish it was October already.

19. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

One of the reasons, its good to have lin around.

20. rokit

rokit Member

Hell yeah... And Stephen Curry just left Nike for Under Armour. So it's Harden and Irving, IMO Harden is way more marketable.