1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fri Jan. 28, CUTTINO's RETURN

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Jan 22, 2005.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What a coincidence its the same week as Steve's return.

If you are at Toyota Center that night, and you don't give Cuttino a standing Ovation then....

1. You are not a Rockets fans, you are a Spurs or Mavericks fan

2. You deserve to get hit by the light rail train and be paralyzed for life

3. You actually think baseball is a good sport and paying some old dude 1million dollars per win is justified. Baseball players should get paid about 10X less than soccer players.

4. You wanted Cynthia Cooper to replace Calvin Murphy

5. You like Stephen A Smith.

6. You don't know who your real parents are.

7. You think Juwan Howard is as good as Kevin Garnett.

8. you also hate Vernon Maxwell. The Tupac Shakur of the Houston Rockets.

[​IMG]

2. Glish21

Glish21 Member

thems mighty strong words. its rockets vs kings lets hope we get the win. ps i also say you should cheer for mobley, he rules.

3. tinman

Supporting Member

Sorry for the strong words. Cuttino was a 2nd round draft pick from the Rudy T era, who worked hard to become a great player in this league.
    He endured so much, Scottie Pippen, Barkley, being the PG, SG, the Steve Era, the Yao Era... Cuttino improved every aspect of his game. He never did anything bad or stunk up the court like Mo Taylor to harm the Rockets organization. It was even ok that he went out with Kim Catral, though Im sure he can find younger and better looking celebrity girls. Tony Parker is going out with Eva Longoria! Damn!
    Also Cuttino is a left handed player, left handed people are cooler people. I'm sorry to see him leave, but I hate the fact that some people are Cuttino haters here. You know you are. You are worse than the Steve haters.

Yes, cheer for Cuttino! if you hate Cuttino, then please swim with great white sharks and try to feed them tuna.

4. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

ha, are you mocking the emails the Rockets send out for every game? If you were, bravo, thats pretty funny :)

5. tinman

Supporting Member

I got that email for NBA THROWBACK NIGHT.

Does that mean we can throw Juwan and Mo Taylor back to Michigan? :cool:

6. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

okay this part should not be there...The amount of money clemens brought to drayton for 5 million last year he deserves the money he makes this year. He will still draw a crowd and make more money for drayton. That's why it's justified. 11.5 over two yeras is fine with me.

And yes Soccer players get mad money caus the sales of good by soccer teams in unbelievable.

7. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

I don't know man. I don't see Pac as being a deadbeat dad.

8. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

True, just the dead part is right.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

Dude,
    I remember when Roger was a free agent for the Yankees, he said he would go to the Astros to be 'at home' then the changed his mind and went back to the Yankees. He's all about the money. He doesn't give two cents about being an Astro. Does Roger Clemens bring more than $18 million to the Astros revenue? I have no idea. That's not right.

10. tinman

Supporting Member

Vernon was always a caring father to his kids. As in the other article, I think something is up with the case that we don't know. Why would he not pay? It could be exortion. She probably got pregnant on purpose just to get his money. Tupac got sued by women for money. Remember?

11. tinman

Supporting Member

I noticed that Cohen didnt like this thread.
    because
    Cohen=[​IMG]

12. tinman

Supporting Member

He sure has lots of new albums for a dead dude.

13. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Let's hope that we do to Cat's new team what we did to Steve's new team. Every other game of the year I will wish Cat well. But in this game I want to destroy him.

14. tinman

Supporting Member

I think Cat's team is better than Steve's team. I've gone to see the Rockets vs the Kings many times,we always lose.
    :(

This also pits Chris Webber vs Juwan. One overrated player against his even more overrated friend. Plus maybe Mo Taylor will come out of the IL to have this Michigan reunion of overrated forwards.

15. Remix

Remix Member

Ill be at my 2nd game of the year. :D

16. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

I would rather see Mo T come off the injuried list to have a reunion with the Nets, in the form of a trade with them for a draft pick or a bag of marbles

I'll even take up a collection to by Mo a train ticket

[​IMG]

17. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

1. No matter how YOU feel about Mobley just because someone does not want to cheer for him does not make him any less of a Rockets fan.

2. People need to stop trying to fit someone into what you think of others. Just because a person doesn't cheer for Mobley doesn't mean he doesn't like him or respect. You just don't have to cheer for him. Same with Francis. Seems like people take it personal if someone dislikes Francis like there aren't valid reasons.

Know that I will cheer for Mobley when I go to a game with him playing and I loved having him here in Houston but don't chastize others who don't feel the same way as you.

18. WizzyWig

WizzyWig Member

Haha...where do you come up with this stuff...I'd like to add a few:

9. You deserve to become impotent.

10. Your dog is gay and your girlfriend is a guy.

12. You deserve to go blind.

13. You actually think T-Mac is better then Cuttino or Maxwell.

:D

19. tinman

Supporting Member

They are lesser fans. They wanted these guys out even though they played their guts out and never showed unloyality (Pippen).

I'm just talking to mainly the haters. Because there are plenty of haters on this board. Yao has a couple of bad games and people want him out for Chris Mihm. I have to set things right, I have to balance this BBS. What if Steve and Cuttino beat the Lakers and lost to Minessota ? The Steve haters would be 'oh I love Steve regardless of the 100 turnovers'. I get fustrated too, but not to respect the guy for his loyality deserves some tinman booming on them.

If my opinion is the way of the righteous, then I will shine the light for them to see. What purpose would I have here if not to influence?

Feel my power!!

[​IMG]

20. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Cat was more hated around here than Fancy for most of his tenure, as I recall. As a loyal Cat supporter, I would love to be able to cheer him in his return to Houston. Instead, I will cheer him from the comfort of my NorCal home, and perhaps in person if I can make it to the next Kings/Rockets match-up in Sacto.

As an aside, I lent my Mobes jersey to my cousin who went to Cat's first game as a King. When they were interviewing Cat after the game, he gave an acknowledging nod to my cous' who had wormed his way down to the second row. I was glad that he could see he already had some local supporters, even before helping the Kings win any games.