1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Free throw jinxing

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ChenZhen, Jan 30, 2001.

1. ChenZhen

ChenZhen Contributing Member

How in the world does bill worrell do that?

Everytime he mentions someone is doing great from the line or a stat that pops up that says the shooter so is far perfect from the line...On the following attempt, he misses...can anyone explain this? [​IMG]

------------------

2. B-ball freak

B-ball freak Contributing Member

I have that too! I was just telling someone how good your posts have been lately.

naw, just kidding, Chen

------------------

3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

It can easily be explained. You only notice it when it happens, therefore it seems like it happens more than it actually does. For instance, last night he said how good Mason was at the line, and Mason made both free throws. No jinx there. Had he missed one, then Murphy would have squealed that "Bill did it again".

This is similar to the "phenomenon" in baseball that a player who makes a great defensive play to end an inning, is the lead-off batter the next inning. This only seems that way because the announcers only mention it when it happens.

------------------

4. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I can't figure out if this frivolous, silly thread is refreshing or annoying during this time of extreme severity in Rockets history.

I have decided, and it is refreshing. [​IMG]

------------------
    "Of course, everything looks bad if you remember it!"
    Homer Simpson

5. ChenZhen

ChenZhen Contributing Member

you guys misunderstood...that big smiley face was there for a reason...I was just being silly..

------------------

6. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

LOL [​IMG]

------------------
    WooHoo! The season's here!....I'm still gonna need that keg of Pepto-Bismol.

7. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

B-ball Freak made a funny [​IMG]

------------------
    "Clinton lied. A man might forget where he parks or where he lives,
    but he never forgets oral sex, no matter how bad it is." -- Barbara Bush