1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Free Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LCII, Nov 16, 2012.

1. roxxy

roxxy Member

I do agree with you & think that it is a tad bit premature to compare any young player to a future HOFer.

2. Playaz

Playaz Member

Stop it Roxxy. If he's not right, his ego might take a hit. He gotta be right no matter what nonsense he got to say. Logic have no place when he's not right.

3. just a word

just a word Member

Exactly this. I think that's sort of what his ceiling looks like, though with maybe fewer points and an increase of an assist or two.

But Lin is essentially a rookie, he'll have highs and lows, and I think we're seeing his low, his 'sophomore slump'. But even at this low, and barely playing his actual position/role, he's still out-preforming many PG's if you look at his other stats.

Basically, what does Points and Assist boil down to but points that your team has that the other team doesn't. ie. a points differential. All that matters is going through 4 quarters and your team come out with more points than the opposing team, and to get to this point any particular player can help their team in various ways.

Does it matter, then, if Lin helps get his team this point differential via steals, blocks, and rebounds? When he's not even being allowed to be a primary ball-handler 'PG', not even allowed to play in the same way as he did during Linsanity?

4. slickster

slickster Member

There's so much stupidity in your single post I had to quote it again, lol. :)

5. Allegro

Allegro Member

You are so wrong. Lin's playmaking was not a fluke last year, because he's even better this year -- if we correct for usage rate.

Last season: 8.3 assists/36 minutes; usage rate 28.1.
    This season so far: 6.9 assists/36 minutes; usage rate 18.1.

Corrected assists/36 minutes for this season = 6.9*28.1/18.1 = 10.7, which is far better than last year's 8.3. Lin is truly on track to be elite at playmaking. There's really no excuse for not allowing him to be the PG.

So Karolik, you fail.

6. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

Lin's jumpshot is really broken right now though. It's making me sad. But damn he's getting some of that swagger back.

7. SunsRocketsfan

I dont see that. He lost all his swagger. I see a guy playing scared and afraid to shooot

8. slickster

slickster Member

Let's get the word out to morey and les. How do we communicate with them about our frustration with the coaching staff?

9. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I like Jeremy's game against Lakers even though we lost....this is the Jeremy i want to see...KEEP ATTACKING!!

10. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

We are losing by 20 points there is nothing positive about this game.

11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Lin's gotten a lot of opportunities to play "point guard" in in this fourth quarter against the Lakers. Just isn't much there as far as results. It turns out that being able to hit a shot actually helps.

12. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Parsons

13. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

14. Karolik

Karolik Member

That 25 point per games on the 8 game stretch looking legit now huh? :rolleyes:

15. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Lin has been bricking everything lately. What a disappointment. Maybe he is trying to make a brick house?

16. slickster

slickster Member

Pure faggotry.

17. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Linadequate indeed

I'd take 20-25 PGs over him

18. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

His shooting in this slump of his is making me miss Rafer's shot.

19. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

These Lin followers make me laugh

20. Gil

Gil Member

Even Rafer didn't shoot this bad.

I can't remember him making a single jumpshot this season. I mean damn.

He's been solid in other areas of his game but his shooting is bordering on pathetic at the moment.