1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Free early Dark Knight tickets, HURRY

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Oski2005, Jul 10, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

We do have spoiler tags, or you could just stay out of whatever thread people will be discussing the movie in.

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Just for that...

Batman is Bruce Wayne.

:eek:

3. LeoneWestern

LeoneWestern Rookie

LOL, thanks for ruining it for me...

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

here's another one

Robocop is Alex Murphy

5. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

so how many of you have watched batman begins this week?

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

we're watching it again at my house tomorrow night :)

7. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

so, get together at Wings N' More before the movie? Its BOGO free wings today :)

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

sounds good, what time?

9. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

I'm gonna act sick to try and get off work a little early.

I just want to be there at least an hour before it starts. :(

10. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I watched most of it last week when I got it on Blu-ray. And of course I've watched the Dark Knight prologue about a half dozen times.

11. Dave2000

7-730?

12. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

FX is showing it on Thursday.

The History Channel starts airing "Batman Unmasked: The Psychology of the Dark Knight" tomorrow night at 8.

13. cardpire

cardpire Member

what is the dark knight prologue?

14. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

It's the first 6 minutes of The Dark Knight. The Joker and his goons rob a bank. If you saw I Am Wretched last December on IMAX, it was shown before it.

It's only available on the Blu-ray version of Batman Begins. I'm pretty sure the DVD has the 2 minute Dark Knight clip from Wizard World last year.

15. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

thank you oski. it was a glorious movie and a grand experience seeing it at the imax.

16. Dave2000

Oski, your the man, finalsbound, thanks for the tip of the link to us

good to meet Batman Jones again, saw Jeff and his date? I believe we saw Clutch in a hat?

all in all, an incredible experience, now to brag about watching it 2 days before everybody else :)

btw, to those who went, my cousin was the one that won the 4th poster for answering when Christian Bale was born, and sitting to the left of him in a Puma hat.

17. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Oh my me that was great.

Before I get to the movie, it was great to see Dave2K and Miguel and Jeff again, very great to meet Moes and finalsbound and very, very great to finally meet Clutch after all these years.

The movie slayed.

It was so good.

It was the first Batman movie, in my opinion as an obsessive Batman fan, that really got why this stuff works. Incredible kudos of course to Ledger (amazing) and to Bale, Eckhart, Oldman (nobody disappears into a role like him - this guy was Sid Vicious!), Gylenhall, Caine, Freeman. But super incredible kudos to Nolan and the screenwriters.

They FINALLY got it.

I told my friends tonight that my anticipation of this movie was matched only by going to the NYC premiere of the first Batman in 1989. That was a letdown and, as a Batman freak, I've been let down by every take since (including even Batman Begins, though it was much better than the priors).

Not this time.

This was the great Batman movie I've been waiting for for more than 30 years. Neither Batman nor Bruce Wayne nor The Joker nor Two Face nor Commissioner Gordon has ever been portrayed anywhere near this right outside of the comics.

I'd love to go into detail, but I'm committed to no spoilers til the movie opens.

If you love Batman comics, you're in for the treat of a lifetime. I can't even say how many times my jaw dropped, how many joyful laughs I laughed.

The ONLY bummer was we didn't get previews. THE WATCHMEN preview is supposed to be attached to this film and I'm dying to see it. Tonight was just the movie, no trailers.

No worries though. I'll see this a couple more times in the theater at least.

Thanks again, Clutch.

18. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

Nice meeting you Batman Jones. I think I met you before, actually I'm pretty sure I've met you at least once, possibly twice, but nice seeing you again if that's the case. haha.

Clutch escapes us yet again :mad:

Nice little entourage we had going there...

Myself, my brother, sister, and cousin.
    Dave2000, his 2 cousins.
    moestavern19
    finalsbound, her sister, and her sister's friend.

In total, 12 of us, we took up the middle of the 3rd row.

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

big ups to Oski for the heads up, we all appreciate it.

3 words describe The Dark Knight...

HO. LEE. ****.

I'm not a fan of superhero movies in general, but after Batman Begins I had been dying to see this movie for a year now, and it did not disappoint. One of the greatest casts of our time, and truly another work of genius by Nolan.

Totally agree with Batman Jones (nice to meet you too btw) that finally they got it right, this movie was riveting, entertaining, and deep all at the same time. Can't ask for much more than that.

But I want more. :(

20. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I'm really glad you could come Batman -- the privilege was mine. It was great to meet you ... and thanks for the popcorn! :)

I just loved this movie. I don't know if the IMAX helped in this cause, but it was one of the most intense, gripping movies I've ever seen. As I was telling my friends, I'm fairly crushed that Heath Ledger won't be bringing back that role because he really is outstanding. I will be seeing it again soon, without a doubt.

The security for the tickets, in my experience, was not what it was cracked up to be. They asked me for my tickets, asked me how many writsbands I needed to get in and that was it. No Photo ID, etc. So anyone could have printed out the ticket (unless they just forgot to check mine and did check everyone else). In fact, we ended up with two extra wristbands for the night so we got a couple of extra friends in.

I'm sorry I didn't get to meet the rest of you guys -- you must have run into Batman Jones when he was waiting for friends to come before the movie?

Only negative of the night was the dude sitting to my left... I mean two fanboys to the extreme. This guy must have been the director because he was adding commentary all night -- "OH MY GOD!" ... "This scene coming up with the Joker is incredible!" ... "I can't believe we're here!" ... "This is it!" I almost snapped when he said a line of the movie verbatim just before the character said it.

Thank you Oski for passing this along to us and starting the chain reaction for a very fun night.