1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

FREE Dr. Pepper for everyone in America, if...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by coma, Mar 26, 2008.

1. coma

coma Contributing Member

Dr Pepper Will Give Everyone* in America a Free Soda If Axl Rose Releases New Guns N' Roses Album, Chinese Democracy, In 2008
    *Guitarists Slash and Buckethead Will Not Be Eligible For Free Soda

PRNewswire
    PLANO, Texas
    (NYSE:CSG)

PLANO, Texas, March 26 /PRNewswire/ -- Tired of a world in which Americans idolize wannabe singers and musicals about high schoolers pass as rock 'n roll music, Dr Pepper is encouraging (ok, begging) Axl Rose to finally release his 17-year-in-the-making belabored masterpiece, Chinese Democracy, in 2008.

In an unprecedented show of solidarity with Axl, everyone in America, except estranged GNR guitarists Slash and Buckethead, will receive a free can of Dr Pepper if the album ships some time -- anytime! -- in 2008. Dr Pepper supports Axl, and fully understands that sometimes you have to make it through the jungle before you get it right.

"It took a little patience to perfect Dr Pepper's special mix of 23 ingredients, which our fans have come to know and love," said Jaxie Alt, director of marketing for Dr Pepper. "So we completely understand and empathize with Axl's quest for perfection -- for something more than the average album. We know once it's released, people will refer to it as "Dr Pepper for the ears" because it will be such a refreshing blend of rich, bold sounds -- an instant classic."

Show your support for Axl and get on the nightrain of encouragement at http://www.chinesedemocracywhen.blogspot.com/ -

About Dr Pepper

Dr Pepper is a leading brand in the beverage portfolio of Plano, Texas-based Cadbury Schweppes Americas Beverages (CSAB), a subsidiary division of Cadbury Schweppes plc (NYSE: CSG). CSAB is one of the largest producers of soft drinks and premium beverages in the Americas. CSAB's brand portfolio includes Dr Pepper, 7UP, Snapple, Accelerade, Mott's Apple Juice and Sauce, RC Cola, A&W Root Beer, Sunkist Soda, Canada Dry, Hawaiian Punch, Schweppes, Diet Rite, Clamato, Mr & Mrs T Mixers, Holland House Mixers, Rose's, Mistic, Yoo-hoo, Orangina, IBC, Stewart's, Nantucket Nectars and other well-known consumer brands. For additional information on CSAB and its products, visit http://www.brandspeoplelove.com/.

SOURCE: Dr Pepper

CONTACT: Chris Kooluris of Ketchum for Dr. Pepper, +1-646-935-4098,
    Chris.Kooluris@ketchum.com

Web site: http://www.brandspeoplelove.com/
    http://www.chinesedemocracywhen.blogspot.com/

We are surprised and very happy to have the support of Dr. Pepper with our album Chinese Democracy as for us this came totally out of the blue. If there is any involvement with this promotion by our record company or others we are unaware of such at this time. And as some of Buckethead's performances are on our album I'll share my Dr. Pepper with him.

Axl Rose

[​IMG]

2. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

chinese democracy - the best album never released.

3. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

thank god. Axl=overated

4. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Can I get a Dublin Dr. Pepper? I don't know what happened, but I feel like regular DP changed their formula in the last few years because it don't taste right to me anymore.

5. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

i doubt that, but dublin DP is so much better than regular DP (which is so much better than any other soft drink) i could see why you would think that.

6. yuantian

yuantian Contributing Member

even though i have a bunch of GnR albums, this is the one i will not buy. :p what a ridiculous name. politics in music is such a turn off. ;)

7. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I will decline my free Dr. Pepper.

8. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Contributing Member

Dibs.

9. cson

cson Contributing Member

Wait till the suits at Dr. Pepper hear this albums "b****es & *****s, let's kill 'em." or the like.

10. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

The sad thing about Axl is that he still thinks he is relevant. That performance of his a few years ago at the VMA's was sad. He's a shell of his former self. Kind of like recent performances by Vince Neil. They were amazing in their day but just don't have the pipes any longer.

11. coma

coma Contributing Member

I want to point out that while that VMA performance was horrible, it gave him the kick in the a55 that he needed. It showed that he can't sit around and eat Doritos for 10 years fighting lawsuits and expect to be on top still. He's gotten in shape, and have toured Europe and Asia for the past couple of years. If you are interested, I'd ask that you look for clips of their latest performances. His voice is as amazing as ever, and the concerts are energy packed. He doesn't quite move on stage like he used to, but he's still a force to be reckoned with.

As far as relevency is concerned, it's obvious that Axl has a King complex about him, it's part of the attraction. I do feel that the new album is going to be great, and very different from a lot of the stuff that's out today. However, how often can music be "revolutionized?" GNR did it back in the 80's, Nirvana did it back in the 90's. After that, mainstream radio and MTV has been a drivel fest of lifeless artists. With that said, with the right alignment of the stars, publicity, and open-mindness, this album just might change the music landscape. At least that's why I feel Axl is being such a perfectionist with this project.

So again, if you enjoyed Axl previously, I'd implore you to look up his latest offerings. I'd be moer than happy to point you towards various YouTube clips, as well as his parts on Sebastian Bach's new album.

12. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

I still care. Chinese Democracy has some great stuff on it. And I'll be getting the new album whenever it is released.

13. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

I will continue to not care once it is released.

14. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I picked up a six pack of Dr. Pepper 8 ounce bottles at the grocery store the other day because I wanted the original made with imperial cane sugar and not high fructose corn syrup. I was surprised to see it on a grocery store shelve as I thought you had to special order it (or drive to Dublin) to get it. I didn't know the price until checkout but they charged me $5.50 for it. It was the last six pack of it they had on the shelves.

I want my free soda made from sugar and not corn syrup. Thanks.

15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I never liked GnR, so I won't care if this album never gets released. I find Dr. Pepper's marketing move interesting though, especially in light of the comment from Axl Rose that he didn't know about it. Is DP exploiting Axl Rose's fame without permission? Surely, the record company is involved.

And, how would you go about providing free DP to everyone in America?

16. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I will buy a Dr Pepper for everyone on this bbs is someone proves to me that Axl Rose still has a full head of hair and that he doesn’t wear corn-rowed extensions. I submit to you that he is 100% BALD.

Rock stars from the 80’s have NO BUSINESS trying to fool everyone into thinking that they haven’t lost all their hair.

Sincerely,

[​IMG]

17. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Apparently Dr. Pepper agrees with him.

18. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I lived through the 80's and there was nothing revolutionary about GNR.

19. yuantian

yuantian Contributing Member

dr. pepper > ______

appetitte for dr. pepper!

20. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

maybe not, but its just damn good music.