1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Free DMO

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Whoopy, Nov 15, 2013.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You started hating on Jones a long time ago.... Defending is the only thing I do. Own up your own mess, man.
    No need to start things like this after one game.
    McHale started Jones, not me.

But never did I say Dmo should not get minutes if he can play regular season games.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

There is no hate for me, I think Dmo has higher upside, but that doesn't mean anything against Jones....I like them both.

I am happy that Tjones is starting and looking great - because it helps the team.

You however take backhanded swipes at Dmo at every turn, heck in this thread you have several.

Just pointing out what is obvious to everyone else, maybe you didn't even realize you were doing it.

Dunno - but it really should stop - we should be happy that both are doing well.

BTW - did you know who has the highest 3pt percentage on the Rockets? DMO !....oh, and TJo - both at 50%.....yeah, I know small sample size, but still cool.

DD

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I give you an example as said before. Who is a more reliable starting Euro big before the season? Valanciunas or DMo. And the whole NBA would agree it's Valanciunas.

It's all about strength and keeping your man from scoring without FOULING.
    Jonas does that better than Dmo if you compare Lithuanian bigs.

I can give you reasons why Jones is starting. He can impact defensive plays without FOULING OUT.

Those are the basics. If Motiejunas can figure those things out, then he should start for some games.

4. topfive

topfive CF OG

Yeah, doesn't it suck when someone on CF has an agenda about a certain player and just freakin' beats it into the ground, post after post after post, for weeks at a time, way past the point where nobody gives a crap anymore?

See what I did there? :grin:

5. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Oh I am aware that Day is channeling my old self....I am just trying to help a brother out....

:)

DD

6. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

D-Mo and Jones played great tonight.

Well groomed. And will be grooming even more in the coming days.

7. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Would like to see DMo get the backup C minutes when we trade Asik for the stretch 4.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nope... man it's the only time I called him scrub and that was when he was starting to heat up. And I called REJINX. You can go back and browse through.
    I was hard on him before the season because I expected more of him.
    I thought he would have taken major steps developing into a good 6th man.
    I was partly wrong and will give him more time.

9. topfive

topfive CF OG

And I actually agree with you, DD -- Dmo also needs more minutes so we can see exactly what we've got with him.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Call it a day. I hear you. You can check out more posts that I suggested Jones being traded to develop somewhere else for a impact player.
    I called for Millsap, Ilyasova, Love, Henson......

11. quatin

quatin Member

Dmo always had smooth post moves and a decent jump shot. I had no doubt that he can put up some good points when his shot is falling.

The problem is defense and rebounding. Dmo gets outmuscled by PFs. I think the only thing people hoped he would do in the off season is gain some weight. He still can't box people out for rebounds and he rarely got to the low post tonight on offense.

Dmo at the 5 is still very questionable. He can fill in 12 minutes a night, but if Howard got hurt we would end up like the Knicks. I think Jones/Dmo can fill in for our 4 spot. We still need a back up 5.

12. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

I have the highest hopes for all our Rockets but we call this a "breakout" game and DMo's +/- was still -6. 5 fouls in just 16 minutes. He had a nice 3 minute or so stretch that I really enjoyed watching and hope to see more of that. 2 of those layups were very nice. I don't think too much should be made of this yet though. Also worth considering the Nuggets got in here early this morning off a back to back.

13. Man

Man Contributing Member

Coming days, as in coming months?

Defense when D-Mo was in was really bad, though. No concerns on that front?

14. DaDakota

Supporting Member

DMo's center of gravity is too high, he gets leveraged out, it happened to Yao early in his career too...he has to drop that arse.

DD

15. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

This is true. He also does moves too fast for his own self. He needs to slow down, drop his arse to lower his center of gravity and be patient. He looks good, real good, offensively; except he rushes too much. He also needs to stop picking up pointless dumb fouls. Although, defense has never been his strong suit. Also his rebound was lacking, and he wasnt holding his position in the post, neither on offense our defense. I was let down watching him let easy rebound opportunities go. But the offense and the potential with dmo is one of the reasons he is one of my favorite rockets player.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You are the original.

17. Whoopy

Whoopy Member

Thought he played pretty well last night at least he might be in the rotation now.

18. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

He did well today. Proud of him for grinding despite the circumstances.

19. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

amen.

20. GIGO

GIGO Member

DMo's heart aches.
    <iframe src="http://player.theplatform.com/p/zT2_HC/iEazkwCwmKPM/embed/select/79K9F68Wi1SL?params=zone%3Dcsnvideo&autoPlay=false" width="480" height="270" frameborder="0" seamless="seamless" allowfullscreen>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>