1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Free DMO

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Whoopy, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I thought D-Mo looked pretty good in preseason. I also thought the team as a whole looked great in preseason. But I guess there is a big difference between the preseason and the regular season, because the Rockets look like an entirely different team, and not for the better.

McHale sees all these guys play a lot more than we do, so I'm OK with him playing Asik, or TJones, or Greg Smith in front of D-Mo.

In my opinion, I think the biggest problem for D-Mo is that he has trouble guarding smaller players away from the basket, and he has trouble defending the larger players in the paint. I think TJones does a better job of defending the quicker players away from the basket, amd I think McHale feels more comfortable with Asik or Greg Smith as the backup center.

TJones has looked pretty good the last couple of games, and Greg Smith looked good when he got to play against the Clippers a few games ago, so I think D-Mo just has to keep getting better and wait his turn. I have no doubt that D-Mo will get a chance at some point this season. If Smith is out for a few games maybe he will see some minutes in the near future.

2. aaly1130

aaly1130 Member

im sorry but dmo is so clumsy on the court! its always a turnover off of a fancy spin in the post with him. he has had 3 yrs to get it together. get rid of him. his defense is pathetic as well. he gets debowed out there. an overall liability. with the way t. jones is playing, i can see why dmo isnt seeing any pt.

3. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Who else are you going to put D-Mo on? He gets bullied by 4s and 5s so he either has to get out there and guard a swingman, get some more muscle or ride the bench which he is good at.

4. Normalus

Normalus Member

You must be coach of the year, I guess. And I love to guess lol. He defends bigs 1on1 as good (or even better) as TJones or Smith, his main weakness is PnR defense, and he can't guard small guards who just blows by him (TJones is better here, and he got starting spot now).

5. quizone

quizone Member

He should get some minutes. It is regular season. When are you going to develop your young guns if not now? geez

1 person likes this.
  6. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

They should change the saying from "everybody loves the backup QB" to "everybody loves the backup 4"

7. Play07

Play07 Member

To piggy back off mchale saying asik "unavailable" Kevin McHale told me that DMO should see some time tonight - Craig Ackerman 5:30pm 11/16/13

8. sweetlou08

sweetlou08 Member

i like wang

9. Whoopy

Whoopy Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>With the Rockets down to three healthy and available bigs...D12, TJones and DMO...the math is simple</p>&mdash; Craig Ackerman (@ca_rockets) <a href="https://twitter.com/ca_rockets/statuses/401857314178625537">November 16, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. rj3000

rj3000 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>To piggy back, Kevin McHale told me that DMO should see some time tonight RT “<a href="https://twitter.com/JasonCFriedman">@JasonCFriedman</a>: McHale says Asik will not play tonight.”</p>&mdash; Craig Ackerman (@ca_rockets) <a href="https://twitter.com/ca_rockets/statuses/401855632283676672">November 16, 2013</a></blockquote>

11. Whoopy

Whoopy Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>To piggy back, Kevin McHale told me that DMO should see some time tonight RT “<a href="https://twitter.com/JasonCFriedman">@JasonCFriedman</a>: McHale says Asik will not play tonight.”</p>&mdash; Craig Ackerman (@ca_rockets) <a href="https://twitter.com/ca_rockets/statuses/401855632283676672">November 16, 2013</a></blockquote>

12. donatas

donatas Member

Yes!!!! About time.

13. Normalus

Normalus Member

is it you Donuts?

14. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Wait... why won't Asik play tonight?

Because he wants out?

Damn... it's that serious, ALREADY?

15. HTM

HTM Member

D-mo has had chances... he just isn't NBA ready yet

16. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Let us be realistic. D-Mo is being groomed as a center. And what is not to like about that? Three point range, fabulous post up game, 265 pounds and 7 feet tall. I cannot wait for him to get his defensive rotations down pat. Asik probably will not be traded until D-Mo proves himself a worthy backup to Howard. I am looking forward to it.

17. Whoopy

Whoopy Member

Hope he plays well. McHale has a short leash.

18. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

No. As usual it is being blown all out of proportion by the media and CF.

19. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Dmo better be ready. I can't believe Asik is not playing!

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member