1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Free Calvin Murphy!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by darmor90, Mar 27, 2012.

1. darmor90

darmor90 Member

2. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Hey Josh Innes, whats up?

3. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

5. darmor90

darmor90 Member

Howdy

6. Prince

Prince Member

is he in jail?

7. TMac&Cheese

TMac&Cheese Rookie

This isnt gonna happen even if most people want it to. I like that we are at least thinking about who is gonna replace cylde though

8. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

I would prefer Calvin Murphy over Clyde as well, but I find it difficult to support Drexler's firing. Clyde is dumb and provides no insight into basketball, but he's a really nice guy and seems to enjoy being a part of the Rocket's family and Houston community. I can tolerate him keeping a meaningless position like 'commentator for home games' because of that.

NBA league pass gives you a chance to hear other commentators and imo other fans seem to be far worse off (Tommy Heinsohn of the Boston Celtics is the worst I've ever heard).

#8 tallanvor, Mar 27, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  9. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

Why can't we enjoy the broadcasts in triplicate?

And btw, in case you don't remember, Calvin Murphy thinks everything is interesting.

10. Rokman

Rokman Member

I've been wanting Calvin back since he left. He and Worell were The BEST TV do on television. Really sad when he was forced out!!!

11. LOLatSoccer

LOLatSoccer Member

sign me up for those in agreement

Clyde is terrible. just awful

I dont like Bullard either

if not Calvin Murphy, then somebody like Mario Elie, or Robert Horry

12. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Please bring Murph back!!

"Aw Billy Bird!"

13. tofu--

tofu-- Member

Can't we get the three commentator thing going. It's a lot more bearable when Bullard is there to curb Drexler's idiocy, I'm sure if we can get Murphy that would help even more.

14. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

"Help me anakin the jedi have taken over"..........darth sidious on the supporters of calvin goof trip murphy ...

15. pbnfamilia

pbnfamilia Member

Why can we have all three worrel calvin and clyde. I think it would be better. Worrel and calvin can take care of the commentarty and clyde .... well clyde can just be clyde lol
    when Worrel retires I wish they would get horry and murphy that would be a deadly combo .

16. tharges

tharges Member

The rowdies need to get involved and maybe a Bring Calvin Back campaign like Koney 2012. We just need to pick a game and blanket it with t shirts, signs, etc You have to get Alexanders attention, move Clyde to a scouting position like Rudy does for the lakers.

17. jocar

jocar Member

[​IMG]
    wutchutalmbout?

18. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Let's hope the move to Comcast next year comes with the condition that Drexler doesn't commentate anymore :)

19. Nook

Nook Member

Did everyone forget why Calvin in part was fired? Dude is NOT coming back...

20. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

as much as i like Murph as a commentator/color-man, you can't have him in any way representing the organization. I really think Houston needs to dig deep, think outside the box, and bring someone else in for a fresh start. There's a lot of x-rockets out there, and some of them are literate and can form sentences. Find them, and axe Clyde ASAP.