1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Free Agency Rumors???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 1Deep, Jun 27, 2016.

1. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Blind to worry about sth.

2. mightybosstone

They're not going to start Harden at PG, and I think it's highly unlikely that they make a push for Beal. Also, it makes little sense to go after Bledsoe and Beal when the front court needs more help than the back court. Why add Bledsoe or Beal to come off the bench when your starting front court right now is Motiejunas and Capela?

Also, I'd have to really look at the numbers, but I don't think it's likely that the Rockets could give max or near-max deals to Barnes and Beal, trade for Bledsoe, add Dudley and still have money left over to fill out the rest of the roster.

3. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

We are so entitled here at CF. Reading this year's crop of FAs it's not that exciting outside of KD. We need Harden to believe, Pringles to inspire and whoever else is here to hit a freaking shot. Also, no one want to wear our uniforms :)

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">According to a source the Houston Rockets are looking at the following high-level free agents: Al Horford, Kevin... <a href="https://t.co/OIKqMBYL1Z">https://t.co/OIKqMBYL1Z</a></p>&mdash; Calvin Watkins (@calvinwatkins) <a href="https://twitter.com/calvinwatkins/status/747519338417029120">June 27, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. alethios

alethios Member

Wow, I didn't see that coming. :rolleyes:

6. htown1984

htown1984 Member

So it will be like the coaching Search and wide ranging search.. that starts with Durant (Jeff Van Gundy) and ends up being (ryan anderson) Dantoni

Im starting to understand this team HAHAH

7. mightybosstone

No real surprises here, but at least we have some names to think about. The lack of interest in Conley is interesting. But maybe the Lawson experiment turned Morey off to the idea of pairing Harden with another ball-handling PG? Or maybe there's someone else out there they have in mind at PG? Lin? Rubio?

8. htown1984

htown1984 Member

why not andre Drummond instead of Whiteside

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Now on ESPN

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Gonna reel in $18M Anderson. ;):grin:

11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

J.R. UGH! you are killing me.

12. mightybosstone

My guess is that it's because Drummond is restricted, and there's not a chance in Hell that the Pistons let him walk. Whiteside is far more likely as an UFA.

13. eman

eman Contributing Member

The RFA C I covet is Boban Marjanovic.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

LOL I don't see any of those other guys coming here. Will they even get meetings with them? Hope I'm wrong but...

And Anderson has been linked to the Rockets by everyone & their mother. Feigen, Watkins, Sporting News...

15. malakas

malakas Member

Anderson has also been linked to the Kings.

Also, anyone knows how much money Horford will lose if he signs elsewhere but Atlanta? Because I heard that him and Conley will not likely sign elsewhere because the money difference is too big.

16. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Lin and Anderson. Almost sure things in my opinion. We need a stretch 4 and Lin has good history with Pringles and will sell the tickets that Les so dearly loves.

And with that...lottery!

17. malakas

malakas Member

articles like this outright prove that Pelton, his opinions and his Carmelo/Shoene bull**** is rubbish.

Sullinger no.8 in best free agent? Dirk with one foot on the grave? Over Derozan and Beal?

18. htown1984

htown1984 Member

I think Whiteside has the portential to be a better overal player than Deandre Jodan- (and Deandre jordan is getting payed as a MAX as well)

19. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

I would like Boban on the Rockets also but don't know if he could up with the pace of Mike's offense.

20. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

We really are a horrible option but if we had a trade lined up for Bledsoe (or someone else in the backcourt) and a way to dump Brewer, Beverly, and Ariza and an ability to go after Whiteside. It is a lot easier to see Durant considering us and even helping us with Whiteside. This has to have come strictly from Harden and Morey. I am about 85% Durant goes back to OKC on a 1+1 for the money or to GSW about 11%. Rockets I put at about 1%-4% if they have something else cooking. As is 0%.