1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Free Agency Rumors???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 1Deep, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

Can't wait to miss out on this years top free agents!

2. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

...as opposed to what, a wing and a prayer?

3. htown1984

htown1984 Member

for some reason i feel like it will be Conley.. I think he was on 610 or somewhere on the radio and he said they will for sure meet with someone when free agency opens (he said we always have)

4. AlisonWondrland

As much crap as I will get, I would like to bring either Batum or Parsons (rather have Batum but Parsons would be fine as well) and Lin. Lin's game has improved yet he still needs to work on his TOs. His penetration prowess will help free up others and he understands MDA's style. Parsons has the length to play the 4 and stretch the court.

5. Le$$

Le$$ Member

He just bought a house 5.9m near LA. looks like lakers have sort of commitment with him. - per twitter. So you can scratch that one out.

6. sabesque

sabesque Member

I'd assume that the rox wouldn't be pitching DMO if they were hot on Anderson

7. htown1984

htown1984 Member

Mavs have secured a July 1st meeting with Conley. :(

8. 1Deep

1Deep Member

I guess I'm just a little worried that the nobody wants to play with Harden rumor may be true. To not have even heard the Rockets name mentioned as being connected to any free agent seems odd.

9. htown1984

htown1984 Member

same here :(

10. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

In case anyone is interested, this is Kevin Pelton's stat based assessment of top free agents that came out today.

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

Beacuse it's all being worked out in the shadow....KD IS COMING BABY!!!

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

#32 J.R., Jun 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
  13. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

And.

Guess we are a dog scrotum or something.

14. OTMax

OTMax Member

I got some rumours: we will re-sign Motiejunas, Jones, Terry, Josh & just roll with the same group. Last year was just bad luck.

15. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

The free agent class overall is weak! Other than Durant, missing out on this years free agents would not be that bad of a thing. Could someone provide an explanation of how the increased salary cap could be applied in the trade market. Would we have the same amount of money to take on contracts via trade for Ex. A Eric Bledsoe for Corey Brewer trade. Talent totally aside here, basically we would be taking on extra salary and giving less out in the trade salary wise.

Also with Andre Drummond whose a restricted free agent, could Houston offer him the max and back load his contract like they did with Jeremy Lins.

16. htown1984

htown1984 Member

17. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

18. mightybosstone

I feel like Morey hasn't played his hand because he wanted to see if Durant was still a possibility. Maybe he's still trying to get on KD's radar? But with that pipe dream likely dead, I'm sure he's working on other big fish in the free agent market. I'm sure Horford, Conley and Anderson are all on his radar. But I wouldn't be shocked to see him make a play for Whiteside, Fournier or other guys instead.

It's a little odd that the Rockets haven't been linked to any free agents yet, but I'm fine with that. Talk is cheap, and for every star player they've been linked to and actually signed, there are a dozen guys they were linked to and signed elsewhere. As long as they add a legitimate No. 2 this offseason and add some shooters to the roster, I'll be happy.

19. dtitus1

dtitus1 Member

20. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Dont think you will see alot of fans watching this group again, it will be twice as worse with d'antoni.

Rockets should just make Barnes there first priority. Split the other money with Bradly Beal. Let Harden run the point. Dudley would come over with beal. Trade ariza and beverley for Eric Blesoe

Harden/Bledsoe
    Beal/
    Harrison/Dudley
    Dmo/
    Capela/

To me thats just a killer team, i mean bledsoe off the bench, less playing time more resting, less injury. would work great.