1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Free Agency 2024

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da Wink, Jun 29, 2024 at 4:52 PM.

1. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I hope COD hits on the Malcolm Brogdon acquisition. That would be really good.

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

3. conquistador#11

This is our team until the trade deadline if things go south.
    [​IMG]

OremLK likes this.
  4. AB83Rules

AB83Rules Member

I may have missed some of the past season, but can Amen Thompson play PG? or SG?, I know has the size to play SF, so he should be able to play SG too, right?

As for the rotation, I'm fine with this, I liked the VanVleet & Brooks pick ups, except the contract we gave to Brooks, but nonetheless, it's not a bad rotation, but I wouldn't mind getting someone in a trade/sign & trade for Tate, Jeff Green, & Landale, I hope we don't trade any of the 7 young core players(Jalen, Sengun, Jabari, Eason, Thompson, Whitmore, & Sheppard), I want to see them another year in Ime's system, but that's just me.

5. OremLK

OremLK Member

Do we even make an MLE signing at all?

I'm guessing no--probably just pick up one or two guys on vet minimum deals to fill out the end of the bench in case of injuries.

Too many guys needing minutes and we're trying to preserve cap space.

6. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I am glad we aren't making moves to make moves. We need to see how this team will perform. We have the trading deadline to trade some of these guys out if needed or be ready to go after a disgruntled superstar.

I'm very excited about our team. We been patient so I hope they reward us with a great season.

7. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

KPJ’s girlfriend saved his career…if he had a Jonathan Majors type of chick, he’d have been blackballed

9. jch1911

jch1911 Member

[​IMG]

10. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Come on DD, come gloat.

11. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Prepare thy trade offers!

12. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Spurs or Magic... maybe Detroit

Philly?

I'll see myself out,,,,

13. OremLK

OremLK Member

You hate to see it

I'm sorry, Clippers fans--boutta find out why some dudes just don't deserve another chance

[​IMG]

14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

15. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That has Pistons written all over it. They need to get to the minimum. But they will want a pick back for it.

16. OremLK

OremLK Member

If Batum can be had for the vet min or a one year deal I think he would be a good guy to pick up for depth. He looked like he still had something in the tank during the playoffs.

17. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

lol

18. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

I watched him a few times because he's one of those notorious fantasy guys who'd randomly put up 16 pts 6 rebs 2 blks then do absolutely nothing the next game but you pick him up at the end of the week hoping he saves your matchup and he screws you over. So I've ended up with him very many times over the years and also I'm on the west coast and the Pacers (and Knicks and Detriot for some reason) always play games at 4pm so I end up having them on my TV often. Not at all impressed with what I've seen and the worst part is it's exactly as you've described. He has the tools which should make him ultra desirable and yet he isn't. He has size, talent and skill and does nothing. He offers glimpses but doesn't have the heart to put it together. This guy has had enough time to prove himself already.

19. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

They signed Kai Jones and Josh Primo last year too but never played them. Maybe they're just trying to find work for the team shrink.

OremLK and jch1911 like this.
  20. Castian Crew

Castian Crew Member

This be like, "I'm taking offers on my half-eaten sandwich that's way undercooked"

Rokman likes this.