1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Fred Carter is an idiot...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by horns fan, Mar 28, 2003.

1. horns fan

horns fan Member

What'll decide West's race for eighth place By Fred CarterSpecial to ESPN.com
    Editor's note: The Phoenix Suns and Houston Rockets figure to compete for the final playoff berth in the Western Conference down to the season's final week. ESPN's Fred Carter reveals what will ultimately decide the race for eighth place.

What the Suns need to do to make the playoffs
    1. Get consistent play out of a healthy Hardaway. Penny Hardaway has been through the battles and has more playoff experience than anyone on the team, going to the NBA Finals alongside Shaquille O'Neal in 1995. Penny knows how to play in the postseason, which is essentially where the Suns are while fighting the Rockets for the eighth spot in the West.
    2. Keep Marbury on track. Stephon Marbury has played good, consistent basketball all season, and that needs to continue. Of course he has to take good shots and shoot a high percentage, but he also needs to distribute the ball effectively and create open looks for the rest of the scorers on the floor.
    3. Get production from Marion and Stoudemire. The combination of Shawn Marion and Amare Stoudemire at forward has to attack the glass on both ends of the floor and find a way to get Phoenix 35 to 40 points a night. If that duo can rebound and make baskets consistently, the Suns have a great chance.

What the Rockets need to do to make the playoffs
    1. Utilize the big man. Yao Ming makes so many things happen for Houston in terms of scoring, shooting, rebounding and getting his teammates involved. He has to be a factor down the stretch. The Rockets have to get him the ball in situations where he can make big plays.
    2. Become more unselfish. The Rockets rank 28th in the league in assists at just 18.3 per game, so if they can distribute the ball more down the stretch, it will be a big help. Steve Francis is the only player on the roster averaging more than three assists per game, so guys such as Cuttino Mobley, Moochie Norris and Kenny Thomas have to be more willing to move the ball and create open shots for others.
    3. Get Rudy T. well soon. The Rockets will need coach Rudy Tomjanovich's leadership and guidance during the final week and in the postseason, should they get there. Much respect to assistant Larry Smith and the job he is doing, but Rudy T. has been there before and will be a great asset once he returns. Fred Carter is an NBA analyst for ESPN.

hmm, i didn't know kenny thomas still played for the rockets.... & wasn't it already announced that rudy T wouldn't be back? does guy even know that the rockets are an nba team? makes espn look bad too.

2. TCDREAM

TCDREAM Member

You didn' t hear, Kenny Thomas is a rocket again!!!

3. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

So he madea mistake! Everything else was OK.

4. HtownRocks3

HtownRocks3 Member

lol damn. Mr. Fred Carter is a little slow isn't he? Maybe someone needs to get word to him he needs to join this BBS. Maybe it'll give him a raise with his pay and he won't look like such a jack ass. Don't mess with angry Rockets fans! :mad: :mad: :mad: :D

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

You are a piece of work.

6. HtownRocks3

HtownRocks3 Member

lol

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Saw that, pretty funny! I am sure he ment Eddie Griffin. Nevertheless, quite a mistake! ;)

8. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Considering that some people here still spell Eddie's last name "Griffen", Fred Carter's faux pas doesn't seem so bad...

Maybe he doesn't want to admit that Kenny Thomas plays for his old team! :)

9. u851662

u851662 Contributing Member

:rolleyes:
    I guess that mistake makes him an IDIOT? This is such an unecessary thread yet titled improperly too. It should read FRED CARTER is RIGHT!:rolleyes:

10. horns fan

horns fan Member

i don't mean to be a nit-picking a-hole, but my main point is this guy is supposed to be an nba analyst. he gets paid to do this and it's on a respected sports news site. it's not like us posting in a bbs. you think he would proof-read it & at least be abreast of the rudy T situation at the time you write the article.

i know before i send out a report at work i go over it a couple of times and i sure as hell make sure i'm informed about what i'm talking about. i guess i expect the same, esp. when it's a job most of us here on this site would love to have.

as a side note, i also wonder if it's an indication about how little attention is paid to houston except for yao ming.

11. HtownRocks3

HtownRocks3 Member

Nice post. you should post more often. I agree. To be a professional NBA analyst you should make sure most of your work is on the professional level as well. I can see one mistake. But not two in the same article. Wonder how much homeboy (fred carter) gets paid?

12. Buckets

Buckets Member

he isnt that good of an analyst

he has offended MANY teams EXCEPT the lakers. before the lakers got their championships going he was on the philadelphia bandwagon.

he calls teams like the kings and spurs bandwagon teams, yet he doesnt get that the lakers are one of the bandwagonist teams around.

his takes are weak, its best you ignore him all together.

13. X-PAC

X-PAC Contributing Member

One should hope he isn't an idiot. The last few times I have caught NBA 2Night he has Houston penciled in the final playoff spot in the west.